Need assistance with change form ability

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Hi I am planning on creating a hero with a passive that passively allows it to change form every 15 seconds.

The ability will constantly change the model of the hero as long as it is alive. For each level of the ability there will be different "tiers".

Level 1 = Tier 1
Level 2 = Tier 2
etc...

There will also be different models for every tier and every time a hero switches a model he will gain a new ability.

I am confident I can make this spell but the only thing I am worried about is how I can change the model of a hero without making hundreds of units in the object editor.

Any ideas?

IronTrout

Well if all levels turn into the same model, just make the one model as a hero and modify attributes / health / damage etc with triggers and tomes.

Bogrim

y hello thar
I am confident I can make this spell but the only thing I am worried about is how I can change the model of a hero without making hundreds of units in the object editor.
There's no other alternative I'm afraid, the only way you can change a unit's model is by changing the unit into another with morph abilities or replacing it with triggers.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
@IronTrout
All the levels turn into different models

@Bogrim
I like the "replacing with triggers" idea. I don't think that that is too hard right?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Under unit trigger actions, you can replace a unit with another type of unit. You'd have to store all the hero's stats, items and experience gained.

The way I would go about making a trigger is using a unit-type array, which will allow you to setup all of the unit types you want the hero to be able to shift between, "UnitType[(Random integer between 1 and 20)]" for instance.

Then all you need is a periodic trigger that replaces the unit once every 15 seconds matching certain conditions.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
So I would still need 100's of heroes with different models? Damnit...

and yeah, I was plannign on doing the unit-type array.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Ok. I have decided to greatly change the ability.

Now, the hero gets to choose his form. I gave him 3 spellbook abilities. Each one is for forms based on the stats. One is for strength, another for agility, and one for intelligence. Each one will have 4 forms in them that get upgraded when the hero levels the ability. While in a form, the hero is able to change to other forms if he wants to.

Problems I need help with:
1) When I am in my original hero form, I can switch just fine. But when I am in a form, I can't switch to others for some reason.

2) when I open any of the spellbooks it always opens up the strength one. (although I have only triggered one form into it).

3) I am also having trouble getting the hero to have the same level of spellbook abilities every time he changes form without having to re-learn them.

Thanks

Carnerox

The one and only.
Edit* oh my bad hold on.

EditEdit* okay my best idea is to do this.

Create a custom copy of the ability CHAOS(grom or w/e one you want) create how every many levels you have = to your heroes.(also for spell book switch the ID to some random 1) once a spell is casted do a if spell is (that hero one) set chaos to the level for that unit.

EditEditEdit* Chaos works 10x better than morph to.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
The chaos is working great! I'm only having 2 problems:

1) The primary attribute of the hero remains the same. I have set it to be different on the new unit. How can I change the primary attribute?

2) Spellbooks are almost fine now. Only problem is that when I choose a form inside let's say the strength spellbook, then all the other spells in the spellbook disappear. How can I fix this?

Carnerox

The one and only.
The chaos is working great! I'm only having 2 problems:

1) The primary attribute of the hero remains the same. I have set it to be different on the new unit. How can I change the primary attribute?

2) Spellbooks are almost fine now. Only problem is that when I choose a form inside let's say the strength spellbook, then all the other spells in the spellbook disappear. How can I fix this?
Chaos copies.. :( the exact stats..
might have to trigger it..
Also on the spellbook did you set the ID orders differently?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    check out this place apparently it is the best roommate site out there roommates.com lol
  • Varine Varine:
    The homeless people reminded me of New York
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll check it out, my lease expires in like a few months so I need to figure something out.
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to open a food truck in Sandpoint a few years ago but the city said no, then like two years later they passed new laws to encourage it and gave them all fucking tax breaks and shit. And at that point I didn't have enough money to go buy one so I was way too late to the game once other cities realized they could just bring their existing truck there, or sell their brick and mortar.
  • Varine Varine:
    I do like food trucks though, they're way more fun than restaurants and usually I also get some of that tip money there.
  • Varine Varine:
    Restaurants are really hard if you don't have a back up source of income to fund them sometimes, in my experience most owners either got really really lucky, had existing money that allowed them to buy an already successful one, or they have family money to fall back on for loans. It's few and far between to see very inspiring success stories where the person actually got it through hard work and perseverance. I thought about opening one lots and I always just end up not thinking it'll work. I would much rather just find someone that has that money and go work for them
  • The Helper The Helper:
    i am not talking about opening a brick and mortar I am talking about food trucks though I have seen some brick and mortar mexican places open up during covid that are doing good because there food is awesome!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Food trucks are killing out here because Bars cannot open unless they sell food and the governor ok'd the use of a food truck in front as serving food
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Just not enough food trucks
  • The Helper The Helper:
    a buddy of mine just opened up a food truck and he is killing it but he is a great cook and has awesome food right in the middle of the pandemic too food trucks are immune to pandemic because they are take out in Texas you will always be able to get take out or delivery
  • The Helper The Helper:
    He is in the different food facebook groups in houston and posts videos of him making his food
  • The Helper The Helper:
    he is killing it
  • jonas jonas:
    @Varine with the restaurants, there surely is a lot of luck and hard work but most restaurants fail because they suck. Flair isn't right, economics not well thought through, food is mediocre or sucks, location is bad, etc. If you're thinking about opening one, make sure you're looking at the stories of those that would be playing at your level, don't let your hopes be dragged down by all the subpar restaurants out there.
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm a bit worried about the future of data science, there's an influx of incompetent people hired by incompetent managers, that can't last. But I'm sure smart data scientists will always be useful and hireable. Same as smart security people.
  • jonas jonas:
    My sister in law worked in a vegan food truck, the owners were also making a killing, added several trucks and opened two restaurants over 5 years
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The CompTIA stuff is pretty much crap unfortunately. The places that ask for those low-level certs aren't likely places you want to work. For IT you really want a degree, but in the meantime you need to figure out some way to learn the skills. Cybersecurity is really hot right now so competition is fierce.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I realized I don't have anything much to say, other than "Good luck!". Compared to other places, I'm just very lucky we didn't have a lot of surges of cases coming in.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter just got back from school at Georgetown TX, outside of Austin and said there were 100 cases in the last week but she also said nobody was wearing a mask anywhere so people mask up and stay safe!
    +2
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    happy thanksgiving folks!
    +1
  • Ralle Ralle:
    PLOOB
  • Varine Varine:
    @Gyah Yeah I figured they aren't particularly valuable, but they'll at the least act as a baseline for some entry level work somewhere.
  • Varine Varine:
    I now see how horribly I spelled @Ghan
  • Varine Varine:
    I had a rough morning
  • The Helper The Helper:
    that field is going to explode and though there is competition there is going to be room for all levels in the coming years imho.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Why are we competing for rough mornings? :(

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop