Need help converting a Gmax file

Corleone

Reaction score
I made a very simple Gmax model of a Dimenian ( its an enemy from PSO ) and wanted to convert it from .gmax --> .mdl --> .mdx , however, when I used the script ( called 'DeX 0.185m ) to convert it to the .mdl file it only showed a very, very short code - way too short. I mean.. I got 14kb of code from a model consisting of 50 poly's or so, and this one was more complicated and <1 kb. The question is, how can I convert this model to a .mdl file? Is there another script I should be running for more complex models?

G

guitarplay

well from what i remember about all this converting and what not you may have to select everything before converting (i may be wrong, this is the way you export things from blender though). Then i know for a fact it will not let you higlight the entire script so make sure you are doing it in segments. These are the only problems i could think of. Other than that, try removing and deleting the export script the redownloading, and using. There is a possibility something happend with the export script thats making it not do everything.

Corleone

Reaction score
New problem.

I know that I have to select everything, and the script is working ( I made several non-animated models ) but the problem seems to lie with a Skin modifier.
I added a screenshot of the error.
I can't delete the modifier because that'll mess up the model + animation, and I dont really know what it means by the "exceeded vertex count".. I know what a vertex is, but what does this error really mean? And more important : what can I do to solve it? Ive selected both the bones and the meshes when converting it, by the way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.