Need help on spells

Nina

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to make an item that has also the ability to let the hero windwalk but in editor i can only choose between unit abilities not hero abilities how I do this? I also would like an item that let my hero blink. My map is in reign of chaos(no expansion). Thanks in advance.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to make an item that has also the ability to let the hero windwalk but in editor i can only choose between unit abilities not hero abilities how I do this? I also would like an item that let my hero blink. My map is in reign of chaos(no expansion). Thanks in advance.

isnt there a unit wind walk ability? under neutral hostile maybe? if not, then right click on the hero wind walk ability in the ability editor, copy it, then paste it. on the new pasted version of the spell look for a line that says Hero Ability and change it from true to false. now it's a unit ability.

Nina

Reaction score
yes its also a neutral hostile ability but it just isnt in the list. If i copy paste the skill it becomes a custom skill and in reign of chaos no custom abilities are allowed.

H

HBtheOnly

Then turn the original into a unit ability or buy TFT

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> I also would like an item that let my hero blink. My map is in reign of chaos(no expansion)

There isn't a Blink spell in RoC, so you must trigger it.
Base the ability from Far Sight, then after a unit starts the effects of that ability, just move it and create effects (must Wait 0.0x seconds first)

Wait, can RoC version of WE edit abilities?

Nina

Reaction score
I do got tft but 80% of my friends only got reign of chaos so I play it way more. Im gonna try the blink thing right away^^ and no in roc map you cant edit abilities or make custom ones.

Nina

Reaction score
I can't use a unit starts the effect of an ability since generic unit event is for tft. So how can i use it? and i know some kind of blink is possible since there is one in the map Snipers vs melee. I tried opening the map to see how they did it but there are no triggers in it probably protected or something and the unit that has the blink skill in that had a skill like UnknownAofO what does that mean?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Then if you still want the item to Blink, there's "Kelen's Dagger of Escape" just change some values and you're good.

> I can't use a unit starts the effect of an ability since generic unit event is for tft
> I do got tft

Do you have TFT or not? o_O

Nina

Reaction score
I have tft but i dont want it to be a tft map because then people without the expension cant play it

Nina

Reaction score
I thaught i made blink now i did what you said but i maked the generic unit event and then i converted it to jass so it would work in roc. but now when i use it it reveals but instead of blinking my unit to that position it always goes to the same position wherever i blink to somewhere in middle of map. This is the trigger:
JASS:
function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetSpellAbilityId() == 'AOfs' ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call TriggerSleepAction( 1.00 )
    call SetUnitPositionLoc( GetSpellAbilityUnit(), GetSpellTargetLoc() )
    call PanCameraToTimedLocForPlayer( GetTriggerPlayer(), GetSpellTargetLoc(), 0.01 )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_001 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, Condition( function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions )
endfunction

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.