Hey guys,

Here's my cinematic:
Code:
Bandits
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Triggering unit) Equal to Villager (Male) 0041 <gen>
            Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 256.00 of (Position of Villager (Male) 0041 <gen>)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Picked unit) Equal to Player1Hero
                            Then - Actions
                                Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                                Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
                                Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
                                Unit - Move Player1Hero instantly to (Center of Brad the Farmer <gen>)
                                Unit - Make Player1Hero face (Position of Villager (Male) 0041 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
                                Unit - Make Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> face (Position of Player1Hero) over 0.00 seconds
                                Camera - Apply Camera 006 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
                                Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> named Brad the Farmer: Play No sound and display Hey! You. I was hop....  Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
                                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Player1Hero named (Name of Player1Hero): Play No sound and display Yeah. No problems. ....  Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
                                Camera - Apply Camera 005 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
                                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> named Brad the Farmer: Play No sound and display These bandits set u....  Modify duration: Set to 9.00 seconds and Wait
                                Cinematic - Fade out over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                                Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
                                Cinematic - Fade in over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> named Brad the Farmer: Play No sound and display Can you "dispose" o....  Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Wait
                                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Player1Hero named (Name of Player1Hero): Play No sound and display Consider it done. B....  Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
                                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> named Brad the Farmer: Play No sound and display You will be paid in....  Modify duration: Set to 5.50 seconds and Wait
                                Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
                                Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 3.00 seconds
                                Wait 1.00 seconds
                                Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: |cffffcc00MAIN QUES...
                                Quest - Create a Required quest titled Bandit Bullies with the description -- Kill the Bandits..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBandit.blp
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

My problem is that after the first transmission which is from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> is that the cinematic seems to stop. The second transmission from the player's unit doesn't happen and nothing seems to happen.

Any ideas?

Cheers

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I think it's because you're telling it to Wait. You don't specify a time, so its indefinite. I think you need to use "Don't wait".

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Idk, but I see no problem in the trigger. But its not too long either. So -.- thats just my idea

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
add a sound effect que in there (this wont fix it but it will help you find the problem) and put it below the last working line in your trigger, if it still plays the sound then go back into the editor and move the sound que down one line. then find out what line it stops at and then double/triple check it thats all I can really say :\ I dont really see anything wrong with the code itself

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Lol, I have the same problem as you, but mine totally don't work at all, not even the 1st camera... I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong. So if I find out sooner or later, I'll inform you. If you find out 1st, inform me :D

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I'm guessing the wait doesn't work in loops. Waits just don't work in loops. Try doing something like moving all the actions out of the loop, but under else, add an action "Skip remaining actions". This way if the unit is in range, it will continue but if it's not in range, the remaining actions will be skipped.

xPass

Reaction score
I'm guessing the wait doesn't work in loops. Waits just don't work in loops. Try doing something like moving all the actions out of the loop, but under else, add an action "Skip remaining actions". This way if the unit is in range, it will continue but if it's not in range, the remaining actions will be skipped.

Do you mean the transmission wait or wait for game-time?

skyblader

Reaction score
There is a wait for a game-time? But anyway, as long as there is any wait within a loop, I guess it's a big no no. (Unless it's an event)

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Skyblader. Thankyou. What I did was this:

Trigger 1:
Code:
Bandits
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Triggering unit) Equal to Villager (Male) 0041 <gen>
            Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 256.00 of (Position of Villager (Male) 0041 <gen>)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Picked unit) Equal to Player1Hero
                            Then - Actions
                                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                                Trigger - Run BanditsB <gen> (checking conditions)
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

Trigger 2:
Code:
BanditsB
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
        Unit - Move Player1Hero instantly to (Center of Brad the Farmer <gen>)
        Unit - Make Player1Hero face (Position of Villager (Male) 0041 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
        Unit - Make Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> face (Position of Player1Hero) over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> named Brad the Farmer: Play No sound and display Hey! You. I was hop....  Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Don't wait
        Wait 6.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Picked unit) named (Name of (Picked unit)): Play No sound and display Yeah. No problems. ....  Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Don't wait
        Wait 6.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply Camera 005 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> named Brad the Farmer: Play No sound and display These bandits set u....  Modify duration: Set to 9.00 seconds and Don't wait
        Wait 9.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Fade out over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Fade in over 0.50 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> named Brad the Farmer: Play No sound and display Can you "dispose" o....  Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
        Wait 4.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Player1Hero named (Name of Player1Hero): Play No sound and display Consider it done. B....  Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Don't wait
        Wait 5.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Villager (Male) 0041 <gen> named Brad the Farmer: Play No sound and display You will be paid in....  Modify duration: Set to 5.50 seconds and Don't wait
        Wait 5.50 seconds
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
        Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 3.00 seconds
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: |cffffcc00MAIN QUES...
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled Bandit Bullies with the description -- Kill the Bandits..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBandit.blp

So I basically removed the actual cinematic itself from the loops so that the Wait functions actually work. This fixed the problem I had.

xPass, I hope that will help you to solve your problem. If not, post your trigger(s) and I'll see what I can come up with.

Sajin, Thanks for the suggestion.

xPass

Reaction score
Well this is basically my 1st trigger, which don't work at all :(

Code:
start
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set guardscinarun = (Random point in guards cina run <gen>)
        Set redcinarun = (Center of red cina run <gen>)
        Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 3.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
        Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
        Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Target of start cina <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
                Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
                Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Target of then cina <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
                Unit - Order Prisoner 0000 <gen> to Move To redcinarun
                Unit - Make Prisoner 0000 <gen> face 90.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Target of then2 cina <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Prisoner 0000 <gen> named (Name of (Owner of Prisoner 0000 <gen>)): Play PeasantDeath <gen> and display Darn it! We'll neve....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Darn it! above Prisoner 0000 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
                Wait 0.20 game-time seconds
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Prisoner 0005 <gen> named (Name of (Owner of Prisoner 0005 <gen>)): Play No sound and display Don't worry, we'll ....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Don't worry. above Prisoner 0005 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Prisoner 0004 <gen> named (Name of (Owner of Prisoner 0004 <gen>)): Play No sound and display Yeah... What we can....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Don't worry. above Prisoner 0004 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Prisoner 0000 <gen> named (Name of (Owner of Prisoner 0000 <gen>)): Play No sound and display Enjoy? You're crazy....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Enjoy? above Prisoner 0000 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Target of guards come cina <gen>) over 0.50 seconds
                Destructible - Open Iron Gate (Horizontal) 0006 <gen>
                Unit - Order Guards 0012 <gen> to Move To guardscinarun
                Unit - Order Guards 0011 <gen> to Move To guardscinarun
                Unit - Make Guards 0011 <gen> face 90.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Unit - Make Guards 0012 <gen> face 90.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0011 <gen> named Guard Alfred: Play FelGuardDeath1 <gen> and display So you guys wanna e....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0012 <gen> named Guard Donny: Play PitLordWhat1 <gen> and display The Warlord is in a....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0011 <gen> named Guard Alfred: Play No sound and display What you must do is....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0012 <gen> named Guard Donny: Play No sound and display The number of point....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0012 <gen> named Guard Donny: Play No sound and display You will only have ....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0011 <gen> named Guard Alfred: Play FelGuardDeath1 <gen> and display *whisper* Don't be ....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
                Trigger - Turn on start2 <gen>
                Trigger - Run start2 <gen> (ignoring conditions)
                Leaks - Remove guardscinarun
                Leaks - Remove redcinarun
                Leaks - Destroy start <gen>

If you like it better in the now-ulgy GUI format
Trigger:
  • start
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set guardscinarun = (Random point in guards cina run &lt;gen&gt;)
      • Set redcinarun = (Center of red cina run &lt;gen&gt;)
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Target of start cina &lt;gen&gt;) over 0.00 seconds
          • Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Target of then cina &lt;gen&gt;) over 3.00 seconds
          • Unit - Order Prisoner 0000 &lt;gen&gt; to Move To redcinarun
          • Unit - Make Prisoner 0000 &lt;gen&gt; face 90.00 over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Target of then2 cina &lt;gen&gt;) over 3.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Prisoner 0000 &lt;gen&gt; named (Name of (Owner of Prisoner 0000 &lt;gen&gt;)): Play PeasantDeath &lt;gen&gt; and display Darn it! We&#039;ll neve.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Darn it! above Prisoner 0000 &lt;gen&gt; with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
          • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
          • Wait 0.20 game-time seconds
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Prisoner 0005 &lt;gen&gt; named (Name of (Owner of Prisoner 0005 &lt;gen&gt;)): Play No sound and display Don&#039;t worry, we&#039;ll .... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Don&#039;t worry. above Prisoner 0005 &lt;gen&gt; with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Prisoner 0004 &lt;gen&gt; named (Name of (Owner of Prisoner 0004 &lt;gen&gt;)): Play No sound and display Yeah... What we can.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Don&#039;t worry. above Prisoner 0004 &lt;gen&gt; with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Prisoner 0000 &lt;gen&gt; named (Name of (Owner of Prisoner 0000 &lt;gen&gt;)): Play No sound and display Enjoy? You&#039;re crazy.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Enjoy? above Prisoner 0000 &lt;gen&gt; with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Target of guards come cina &lt;gen&gt;) over 0.50 seconds
          • Destructible - Open Iron Gate (Horizontal) 0006 &lt;gen&gt;
          • Unit - Order Guards 0012 &lt;gen&gt; to Move To guardscinarun
          • Unit - Order Guards 0011 &lt;gen&gt; to Move To guardscinarun
          • Unit - Make Guards 0011 &lt;gen&gt; face 90.00 over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Make Guards 0012 &lt;gen&gt; face 90.00 over 0.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0011 &lt;gen&gt; named Guard Alfred: Play FelGuardDeath1 &lt;gen&gt; and display So you guys wanna e.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0012 &lt;gen&gt; named Guard Donny: Play PitLordWhat1 &lt;gen&gt; and display The Warlord is in a.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0011 &lt;gen&gt; named Guard Alfred: Play No sound and display What you must do is.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0012 &lt;gen&gt; named Guard Donny: Play No sound and display The number of point.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0012 &lt;gen&gt; named Guard Donny: Play No sound and display You will only have .... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Guards 0011 &lt;gen&gt; named Guard Alfred: Play FelGuardDeath1 &lt;gen&gt; and display *whisper* Don&#039;t be .... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Don&#039;t wait
          • Trigger - Turn on start2 &lt;gen&gt;
          • Trigger - Run start2 &lt;gen&gt; (ignoring conditions)
          • Leaks - Remove guardscinarun
          • Leaks - Remove redcinarun
          • Leaks - Destroy start &lt;gen&gt;

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Well what you could do is do what I did and move every action in Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions) and move it to a completely new trigger, and then under Loop - Actions, put "Trigger - Turn Off (This Trigger)" and then "Trigger - Run <Trigger Name> <gen> (checking conditions)"

skyblader

Reaction score
@xPass I just mentioned any waits wouldn't work in loops.. Just use whatever method you have, or as suggested by me or death knight to bring the actions out of the loop and it should work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.