Need some ideas! For an ultimate for a Gremlin hero

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
For a good map maker whom I shall not name (though you will figure it out if you see it announced), I am creating Stripe the Gremlin. However, I am struggling trying to come up with four abilities. Thus far I have:

Multiply == If used in water, Stripe will convulse and release five weak gremlins. These gremlins can multiply to five more gremlins a piece, but the process reduces their hp and those that they multiply out to considerably.

Consume == Stripe and his gremlin pals can consume anything. They can eat their enemies, neutral innocents, and even items. The process heals them a chunk of hp and, if they consume between midnight and dawn, puts them in a Mischievious Mood, which increases their attack a bit and their attack speed considerably.

Sun Resistance == Stripe and his minions are very vulnerable to the sun and lose hp over time during the day. However, if Stripe learns Sun Resistance, he will take less damage during the day, and his spawned minions from then on will share his resistance and thus live longer.

??? == What I need help with :p

If you have any ideas, please post them here. I will credit you :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Stripe burries himself and duplicates under the ground (the small gremlins have timed life). The small gremlins go around and when they meet someone, that unit has a X% chance to be sensed and grabbed. When they grab someone, they consume a part of their life and duplicate. Stripe commands these small gremlins through a magic link so the spell is channeling and if the casting stops, Stripe loses the control and the small gremlins go insane, but their life starts to decrease very quick. If the small gremlins are lost from the control, they start to grab even Stripe's allies. The spell is channeled until the last small gremlin dies (if the channeling isn't stopped). When a unit is grabbed under the ground, it loses X of his life and stais under the ground for X seconds.

What d'ya say? :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm trying to follow more along the movie guidelines of Gremlinness (there's no magic at all)...and it had nothing to do with burying in the ground, grabbing units, etc. But, it could work towards a final idea, so thanks for the input :)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm the skills you got a preety good. Maybe you should have a aura like Power of The Horde. The skill is if there is more than 3 Allies within # range of the gremlin they all get a health, mana, attack, and defense bonus.

Just my 2 cents.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Way of the trickster
The Gremlin and his pals can easility poke enemies dealing bonus damage on each hit from behind
Simultaneously, increases sun resistance a bit and when used can automatically teleport behind an enemy to steal one of his items if hero :D
Or use smash dishes:
The Gremlins are so naughty that each sec the ground around'em is deformed and deals damage to anyone on it :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlins should give you sufficient information on what I'm taking it from. Interesting movie that was well done :p

Hm, that's pretty good to have an aura of being a horde. I might want to make Sun Resistance the ultimate and buff it up though, since being a horde is a given, though it will be a big problem at first for Spike and his group to stay alive during the day. Spike will have to keep eating to survive, while I doubt the weaker gremlins will be able to consume enough to keep fighting during the day.

Nice ideas Nikanorou, those might be a few nice abilities I could give to the minion gremlins. Spike himself is very fragile as a minion master, so I don't want to give him the ability to warp behind heroes and steal stuff, even if it is in the gremlins nature to do exactly that. These kinds of gremlins can reproduce just by touching water, so it's only natural that Spike would be better as a minion master than a little thug popping up. Besides, in the map I'm making it for, there are plenty of those.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
OK, more ideas

1.Extra spell-water capsule
The Gremlin master can fill a capsule with water, so that when spill it, spawn more gremlins
2.Pretention
The Gremlins pretend to be cute, and they draw foes near, then wipe them out increasing attack speed
3.Chaos Smash
The Gremlins' naughtiness has no limits.Each doodad like trees or something falls after some seconds after the gremlins pass that area, dealing adamage in decay
EDIT:More ideas:
4.Multi-morph:
The Gremlins have this extra spell that when it's night and they get to water, they power-up
5.Multi-morph (way 2):
When the 1st ability is cast on water at night, more powerful Gremlins spawn.
6.Bounty ways:
The Gremlins can launch a laugh that shocks enemies for some time.If they get hit by them during their shock, gold will fall from their purse.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Water capsule is a good idea, I'll probably use that as a sub ability and bump Sun Resistance up to ult :)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Water capsule is a good idea, I'll probably use that as a sub ability and bump Sun Resistance up to ult :)
So they do fit you? good...I am glad...
EDIT:
More ideas if you want...
7.Shriek:
The Gremlin let's out a howl, making enemies blow back ways
8.Nigget power:
The gremlins can hide the sun for some moments and let the tides overflow the map with water!!! hahaha (<---too out of the movie though)
9.Hypocrite faces:
The gremlins change in a few moments to some cute and cuddly faces, making enemies to love them and go very slowly
10.Haze
The Gremlins can use this ability to move without being seen.Afterwards, the 1st hit gives bonus gold to the Gremilin (not wind walk, transparency and no collision)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.