New Computer - Best prices?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I'm shopping around for a new desktop. I have about $1000 to spend, I'm considering this:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Winter_Mega_AMD_Eight_Core

with upgrading the gpu to Radeon R9 270x, adding a 120g Samsung Evo SSD, and a couple other minor upgrades, the total would be about my price range.

If I build basically that same computer on my own, I come up with this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tommerbob/saved/3FZN

Add another $100 for the Operating System.

I'm new to computer building, so my question to you is whether its more worthwhile to go with CyberPower? Or is it more beneficial to build my own?

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
What use is the computer for, out of curiosity?

The usage tends to affect what CPU I'd choose in my desktop; namely, the # of cores and whether I'd need AMD or Intel.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Don't know if I would buy from CyberPower, but do whatever the hell you want. None of us know what you want to do with it. Just because you HAVE a thousand bucks doesn't mean you need all of it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the money in a computer goes to the GPU. If you are not looking for that you should not have to spend a thousand. FYI, there is almost no program that will take advantage of those 8 cores. With that being said. If I were in the market for a computer and had a grand to spend I would go with the CyberPower one because it is like prebuilt for a gamer with the 7.1 Audio, beefy video card, 600 watt power supply, 8 cores and 8 gigs of Ram, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.