New song, new license

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello there! I made a new song again and I decided to put all my music under a CC license which allows you to use the music in your map even without asking! Listen to my new song and have a look here.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
still think seen is better..... lol, but great job. i can picture this new one doing great as a amv. but its too long, lol.

too long for a amv. ill make half of it into a amv, i owe you one for inviting me into gmail.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Any chance you might try to reduce the quality a bit on the songs? Like just to make a lower quality version. These could easily match my WotU map and they sound fantastic, they're just too big.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, I could reduce the quality, but that'd seriously mess up the sound, unless I can tweak the VBR... Will have a look at it for you. And by the way, what's an AMV?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
It's either for an Anime Music Video or he's talking about the AMV video format, though I don't know why he'd be referencing either....

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I tweaked a bit on my MP3 encoding settings and managed to get the file size back to 2 mb. But the song really sounds afwul at that quality... I think it's better to make short song than to try to compress a normal lenght song.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
anime music video. just came back from going outside.

anyways, its kinda hard to turn this into a solid AMV (anime music video) becouse it repeats soo much. lets see how i make this.

allso, my sony vegas isnt accepting avi's im gana have to get some patches.

p.s am i the only one that the helper is lagging horrible for? i checked other sites and its great on other sites....

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
What did you use to make this!?

How did you make this!?

Tell me how to do this!?

Please!?

I'll worship you forever!?

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I made this with the program Cubase LE (which I got for free along with my Tascam US 122 USB soundcard) using many free VST's and samples. And I couldn't have made this without the support of the Living God. I try to pray every time before I start working on music, because if I forget to pray, I just produce crap :).

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I just updated the song (fatter bassline, better mastering), and I think it has become even a little better. Would it be possible to update the current soundtrack of your amv, tongoll? The updated version doesn't differ that much.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Get winLAME to reduce the filesize of a song greatly if you wish to use it in a map, I use this myself and there is not that big a difference in the quality even when 50% of the filesize is removed! :)

Get winLAME here!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Thanks raging, I managed to halve the size of the files and they fit on the map. Unfortunately, I have lots of imports and thus, would it be possible to halve the actual duration of your songs Grurf? If I can get something sort and simple and change it to 64 bit-rate, it would make for a very good size music track. At the moment I can get your songs to around 2 mb to 1.7 mb at 64 bit-rate, but the duration is too long anyway.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
If you make the file into .wav then you can cut out things in the windows recording thingy program which you can find somewhere in the "start" menu, though that is not a very good program and is hard to get hit the exact place from where you want to cut in the song it does do the job, it just takes maybe 10 tries or so. There is probably some better programs made but I do not know any other free ones that is any good, try search google for some :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
No, this is actually really neat. I wasn't aware of these two good free programs.

All of the good ones out there are on trial, and most of mine are all used up :(

Thanks though! Now I've been able to make a 540 kb mp3 that still sounds great by taking snippets of Grurf's music. Chances are he might see it in my WotU map (maybe even the beta test) if I finish it :p

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
About a free program to cut the song at exact places: try Audacity. And about getting it smaller with WinLAME: I also got it about 50% smaller (with the same backend as WinLAME uses) but IMO the quality was really bad :). I guess it's because I can't stand that muffle effect that it gives on crashes and claps. Anyway, I'll be happy to make a shorter version in a way that the mapmaker likes it (for example I could make it loopable or give it a nice flowing intro and outro), but please only ask for it if you're sure that you're going to include it, as it does require some work to create a good shorter version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.