What do you think f this 'Tutorial'?

• It's brilliant!!! helped me much

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
This tutorial is about to give people how a few suggestions vital for each map units.
Below suggestions for each map will be shown
TD (towers)So, the first thing you come up to when making a TD is towers.
Then again, hybrid TDs can contain heroes, as you may know.
So, tower suggestions for a TD:
A good main idea is to make towers that can make intruders go slower, or don’t move at all.
But one idea is: the Critical tower, which can kill enemies instantly. This tower probably isn’t that useful, but it’s a good offense in TDs.
Another idea is: the AOE slow tower or targeted slow tower (I usually recommend against target slow, but well). These towers both enable benefit to other nearby towers get the chance to kill slowed enemies.Slow type towers can be towers with ability to slow a specific area, towers with an ability to slow 1 enemy (the worst choice) and towers with slow attack.Usually slow towers don’t get well with offensive stats.
Another beneficial idea is the stun towers.Like slow towers, stun towers consist of AOE stun ability towers, one-targeted ability stun towers and bash towers.Here, AOE stun towers are mostly recommended in my opinion.
Ensnare-Entagle towers are as well a fine idea for TDs, and can be useful, too.
Also, damage-ability towers are as well a good solution.
MY IDEA: A tower which can teleport enemies yards back…imagine the benefits:
1.Saves your protective structure; the enemies are teleported back while were ready to enter your protective region and the game would end…and voila! Back they go!
2.Did enemies go away from your tower force? no problem! Teleport them back to your tower force and finish them off.
3.THE BUG: teleport enemies in a point on the map in which they will do no harm, just stay and watch…to prevent this, put a very high cooldown on this spell or make it teleport enemies only next to other towers.
TD (builders)
Builders are currently a personal taste, just try to balance them so that a starter builder won’t build quite deadly towers from the start…
TD Hybrid (heroes)
Heroes on hybrid TDs should be ranged, and a good idea is to make them an ability that increases their range.
Again, the slow-stun-ensnare-critical AND teleport ideas could be used on heroes as well.

AOS suggestions coming soon…

Note: this isn't really a tutorial, more it's like open suggestions (from one view)
Anyways, feel free to suggest updates or typos or your opinions...
this 'tutorial' is on it's start (onlt TD suggestions so far, but it will be edited constantly)

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
All right, let me take that from another point of view;

A lot of things I already knew. And i think people are smart enough to not make the builders build the "Ultra Tower of Instant Death" in the start. Just my opinion. Don't make a big deal about it. :rolleyes:

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Rabarber said:
All right, let me take that from another point of view;

A lot of things I already knew. And i think people are smart enough to not make the builders build the "Ultra Tower of Instant Death" in the start. Just my opinion. Don't make a big deal about it. :rolleyes:
Well, it's my 1st tut and I would like it to be like giving suggestions to UNITS only, not triggerwork and such, and it is on it's early states yet

Rabarber

Reaction score
Since there are a lot of tutorials about TDs already, i suggest you make one about something you like to do. Like heroes. :)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Rabarber said:
Since there are a lot of tutorials about TDs already, i suggest you make one about something you like to do. Like heroes. :)
I know, and I have no offense to Andrewgosu's TD tut and others, but this one is to provide mostly open suggestions and not to just a TD.It's simply that I've posted suggestions for TDs so far :)
Mini-me, it IS a tutorial, just doesn't looks really a one

Rabarber

Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
I know, and I have no offense to Andrewgosu's TD tut and others, but this one is to provide mostly open suggestions and not to just a TD.It's simply that I've posted suggestions for TDs so far :)

I would suggest making tips for how to create the terrain of your TD, a lot of images, and the basics of tower balancing. Then it could actually rise from the ashes. :p

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Rabarber said:
I would suggest making tips for how to create the terrain of your TD, a lot of images, and the basics of tower balancing. Then it could actually rise from the ashes. :p
It simply does, but as I said before, I am going to refer suggestions on EVERY kind of map, not just a TD :p

Y

YurezZ

AOS suggestion(s) :
1) Well it will depend on map but some ladder gosus might appreciate if you make an ability for each hero that would give units around hero in your posession ! :) it's soooo nice ! such a unique idea... coz sometimes you say to yourself in dota DAMN THOSE CREEPS COULD SURROUND L()L...

2) very important !! don't make your game too hp-based... i start to dislike dota coz in late game nukers become so devalued... there are 2 ways of balancing :
1. simply make all hp bonus items less powerful and give less hp for 1 pt of str
2. make nuking ability depend on level or/and some parametre of hero.

3) VEEEEEERY important... DONT MAKE BIG NUMBERS !!! I mean why make units with 500 hp and 50 dmg when u can make units with 50 hp and 5 dmg ?? .... it will be easier for pc ^^ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and ofc. will be easier for players and will look cosy.

4) What dota lacks is not stats increasing items/abilities but stats DECREASING.... make more items that make ur enemies do less dmg/ move slower or make items that for example give more dmg but decrease HP...

5) Depending on the map you wanna make you can add PERKS as in RPG games like fallout. for example you can chose between NO PERK or u can start with lvl 3 but 0 gold instead of lvl 1 and 500 gold If u chose no perk... or your hero can always gain 5 more gold from any kill but have less agility e.t.c.

6) VERY important. Nice idea is to make number of spawned creeps depend on type of heroes. example : team 1 has 1 ranged and 1 melee so team 2 creeps are 1 ranged and 1 melee... and if were 2 melee then would be 2 melee creepys...

7) If some hero has REINCARNATION PLEASE... MAKE HIM GIVE AWAY AT LEAST 5 GOLD PLZ :))).

8) Think more about tomes shops... some say "its not pro" e.t.c. but i think there can be some variants :
1. make them very expensive
2. make them appear after someone reaches max lvl or game time passes.
3. make tomes decrease one stat by 3 and increase other by 2.
4. make a limit of buying tomes ex : 1 per 5 minutes.

THX if you read it all... I think I was right in everything posted.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
YurezZ said:
AOS suggestion(s) :
1) Well it will depend on map but some ladder gosus might appreciate if you make an ability for each hero that would give units around hero in your posession ! :) it's soooo nice ! such a unique idea... coz sometimes you say to yourself in dota DAMN THOSE CREEPS COULD SURROUND L()L...

2) very important !! don't make your game too hp-based... i start to dislike dota coz in late game nukers become so devalued... there are 2 ways of balancing :
1. simply make all hp bonus items less powerful and give less hp for 1 pt of str
2. make nuking ability depend on level or/and some parametre of hero.

3) VEEEEEERY important... DONT MAKE BIG NUMBERS !!! I mean why make units with 500 hp and 50 dmg when u can make units with 50 hp and 5 dmg ?? .... it will be easier for pc ^^ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and ofc. will be easier for players and will look cosy.

4) What dota lacks is not stats increasing items/abilities but stats DECREASING.... make more items that make ur enemies do less dmg/ move slower or make items that for example give more dmg but decrease HP...

5) Depending on the map you wanna make you can add PERKS as in RPG games like fallout. for example you can chose between NO PERK or u can start with lvl 3 but 0 gold instead of lvl 1 and 500 gold If u chose no perk... or your hero can always gain 5 more gold from any kill but have less agility e.t.c.

6) VERY important. Nice idea is to make number of spawned creeps depend on type of heroes. example : team 1 has 1 ranged and 1 melee so team 2 creeps are 1 ranged and 1 melee... and if were 2 melee then would be 2 melee creepys...

7) If some hero has REINCARNATION PLEASE... MAKE HIM GIVE AWAY AT LEAST 5 GOLD PLZ :))).

8) Think more about tomes shops... some say "its not pro" e.t.c. but i think there can be some variants :
1. make them very expensive
2. make them appear after someone reaches max lvl or game time passes.
3. make tomes decrease one stat by 3 and increase other by 2.
4. make a limit of buying tomes ex : 1 per 5 minutes.

THX if you read it all... I think I was right in everything posted.
What did you do? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You just ruined my tutorial!!!! it wasn't to take suggestions, it was supposed to GIVE! Duh...what can I do...start another thread, maybe?

Rabarber

Reaction score
Seriously, a moderator should close this thread, since it started a mild fight and you aren't ready with the tutorial.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Rabarber said:
Seriously, a moderator should close this thread, since it started a mild fight and you aren't ready with the tutorial.
A nice idea.So, then, I will prepare the AOS suggestions so that noone will do such a shit next time...

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Sorry for the bad vote, but seriously, you could make a better one if you wanted. Focus on details and develop more ideas before posting:)

Happy to vote good, if your next one comes out.:)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Andrewgosu said:
Sorry for the bad vote, but seriously, you could make a better one if you wanted. Focus on details and develop more ideas before posting:)

Happy to vote good, if your next one comes out.:)
Yes ,it will on the other thread (this will probably close after that mess above), and by the way, ur tut is vey good also :D

P

Pawnable

I see your just making an easy tutorial trying to get rep and posts right? I know you... you are like that.. :nuts: You have me a negative rep for making a tutorial like this.. actually even better... now you get karma/bochi. >_<

Tonks

Reaction score
Pawnable said:
I see your just making an easy tutorial trying to get rep and posts right? I know you... you are like that.. :nuts: You have me a negative rep for making a tutorial like this.. actually even better... now you get karma/bochi. >_<
Pawn, you should really stop accusing every tutorial writer of writing them just to get +rep. Even if they did, it's their waste of time. Usually if they do it like that, the tut. is sloppy. It looks like he put a mild effort into this, and you shouldn't just shoot them down on an assumption.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Pawnable said:
You must seriously have some troubles.See, remember the comments in your tut, "sliding-the secret exposed"? all negative, still you didn't get -rep and I wrote you good feedback and +repped you instead.And now you thank me like this.I have said before that someone who tries is worthy enough to create something, and you proved me wrong :(
Finally, I have said it so many times that this tutorial will be closed due to a mess, and soon I will create another one complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.