Sci/Tech Not a Kodak Moment: Legendary Camera Maker Files for Bankruptcy Protection

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
kodak-film-320x400.png

Struggling camera maker Kodak said on Wednesday night that it has filed for Chapter 11 reorganization. The move, which had been expected, follows years of struggle by the film giant to transition to a digital imaging company. In recent months, the company has sought to capitalize on its patents and, in recent days, has sued Apple, HTC and Samsung. Kodak said it hopes to emerge from bankruptcy in 2013 and intends to conduct business during the restructuring using $950 million in financing from Citigroup. As part of the move, the company said it has named Dominic DiNapoli, vice chairman of FTI Consulting, as its Chief Restructuring Officer.

Read the whole article here.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Wait, they sued those companies before or after bankruptcy?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Were they sue-ing for luck that they will win so that they get back some money o_O

isn't that what everyone is doing these days?

well, they were being paid by sony/olympus/panasonic/others, but apple/HTC decided not to, so they sued - in all fairness, kodak is the one who created the digital camera, and it's not like they are preventing others from making digital cameras, they are just asking for royalties/patent trades

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Sounds like Konami and the music games industry =P
Except Konami isn't going bankrupt.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Sounds like Konami and the music games industry =P
Except Konami isn't going bankrupt.

Sounds like the game industry in general... everyone sues everyone here. I personally can't wait to sue Activision for something. I don't even care what it is, so long as I can blow it out of proportion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.