NUON Authentication software

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Yes, it should in theory allow any NUON application to run on all NUON players including the Extiva and Toshiba.

The trick will be getting it working. I haven't delved into the enclosed files too much other than the documentation. It's definitely not a simple push-button process.

I'm with you on the dev systems. If I ever came across any I'd quickly snap them up and distribute them to you guys.

gamemaster

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
new dvd

If you guys make a new games and demo dvd, will you fix the chomp bug? Not sure which version it was, but it would crash and not go past a certain level. Thanks guys.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Absolutely. Plus I'd fix that silly hang in Decaying Orbit that I mentioned in the video blog.

gamemaster

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
betas

With companies like oldergames.com releasing new games/betas for various systems, are there any nuon games that maybe we can get ahold of and released.
Thanks

T

TXG--MNX

Great find!!!!

Any news how this works ????? a how-to would be cool...

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We need someone to figure it all out still, I think. But there is some documentation there at least, and we've got some pretty smart guys around.

Too bad Riff couldn't get his hands on this :(

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is huge news. Good job Skah-T keeping the NUON alive!

E

EugeneE

Well, this is great news. I went onto NUON-DOME today and just found out the the NUON Authentication software was released several months ago. This is, IMO, one of the greatest moments in the history of NUON, along with VM Labs releasing the SDK almost 7 years ago. It's funny how time flies, it feels like yesterday when VM Labs released the homebrew SDK.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, tis great. We still don't know how to use it yet, though. I've tried building the tools in DOS (they're meant for unix) without success so far. There are a lot of configuration files that need editing to make it work. Some day I'll sit down for a couple hours and really try to get it working.

E

EugeneE

Yeah, tis great. We still don't know how to use it yet, though. I've tried building the tools in DOS (they're meant for unix) without success so far. There are a lot of configuration files that need editing to make it work. Some day I'll sit down for a couple hours and really try to get it working.

Have you tried building the prog using the Cygwin tool located at http://www.cygwin.com/ . Since Cygwin is used in the porting of Unix apps to Windows, this might help in getting the authentication tools to work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.