Sci/Tech OpenDyslexic font gains ground with help of Instapaper

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
_63138970_box.jpg

A free-to-use font designed to help people with dyslexia read online content is gaining favour.

OpenDyslexic's characters have been given "heavy-weighted bottoms" to prevent them from flipping and swapping around in the minds of their readers.

A recent update to the popular app Instapaper has adopted the text format as an option for its users.

The font has also been built into a word processor, an ebook reader and has been installed on school computers. It is designed to give "gravity" to letters to prevent the characters rotating in readers' minds.

Read more here.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Looks cool. Doesn't really help me that much personally (I mean it doesn't fix my dyslexia. Or my color blindness) but it's an interesting method to solve it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know, do you guys really think this is going to help?
Maybe i could use this font in my projects from now on.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a kinda nice font. I think it'd fit in well as a font for a lot of different styles of independently developed games. I really can't see it helping, though - when I have that sort of issue typing, it happens in my brain before my eyes see it... my fingers just don't hit the buttons in the right order, it has nothing to do with getting confused about what sort of text is on the screen.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Is it strange that I thought of Disgaea when looking at the font?

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
This font can actually be said as one of the best fonts I've ever known (to me at least)..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.