Patent US5443036 - Method of exercising a cat with a lazer.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's just say the patent wars between HTC, Samsung, Google and Apple are fighting in the frontlines for quite a while. If for some reason, a jurisdiction is made such that anyone who uses any patented method without consent of the patent owner, will be charged with patent infringement, it may also mean that just about anyone can be prosecuted.

And for that, I have the one and only Exhibit A.

Do you think that if you use this method, you are risking yourself under the laws of your country?

Last edited by a moderator:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy shit, totally ridiculous.

58291.jpg

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Jesus christ... I came up with that in 1992! That SOB stole my idea!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
That anybody would even THINK of patenting this idea is ridiculous. It's like patenting reading as a form of entertainment.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, Blame yourself ! Btw: prove that it was your idea!

Better question: Prove that you didn't use this patented method to point a laser beam of any color onto a wall.

That counts as a patent infringement if you can't prove it.

FireCat

Reaction score
Better question: Prove that you didn't use this patented method to point a laser beam of any color onto a wall.

That counts as a patent infringement if you can't prove it.
But the ridiculous patent issue was created.. (Filing date: Nov 2, 1993
Issue date: Aug 22, 1995.) Well, you see, Varine claims he came up with the ridiculous idea" year 1992! So it can't be a patent infringement. Right?

Zakyath

Reaction score
You may do this however much you'd like. But you can't create a company where you use this method to train cats without permission from the patent holder. I don't think it's so odd that you shouldn't be allowed to make money from other people's ideas (for a limited amount of time).

FireCat

Reaction score
I don't think it's so odd that you shouldn't be allowed to make money from other people's ideas (for a limited amount of time).
Yeah kind of agree, but it Just isn't his idea from beginning. Simple as that.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
But the ridiculous patent issue was created.. (Filing date: Nov 2, 1993
Issue date: Aug 22, 1995.) Well, you see, Varine claims he came up with the ridiculous idea" year 1992! So it can't be a patent infringement. Right?

My question is valid only after the method itself is patented, hence the present particle verb of "patented", the 7th boldfaced text.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Yeah kind of agree, but it Just isn't his idea from beginning. Simple as that.

How do you know that? You are just assuming. The patent is proof enough that he invented it. So unless someone else comes along with proof that they invented it before (just saying you did it isn't proof), the patent holder should have every right to say he invented it. It might seem a little odd, and the system is not perfect, but I don't think we have overlooked any greater alternatives.

FireCat

Reaction score
Anyways, I have good news to bring.

That's awesome said:
Actually, "The patent expired in 2007 for failure to pay maintenance fees
Ha ha ha

FireCat

Reaction score
15_turtle-bags.jpg

Turtle Air Bags

Patent awarded: 2000
Patent says: "It is generally record[ed] that there is a greater risk of serious injury to motorcyclists in the case of an accident than to automobile passengers. This is due, inter alia, to the fact that, unlike automobiles, motorcycles are not equipped with protective systems which enclose users thereof."
We say: Does this safety device really make riding a motorcycle seem less daunting?

19_life_expectancy_watch.jpg

Life Expectancy Watch

Patent awarded: 2002
Patent says: "Life expectancy has been a major concern of people throughout the ages."
We say: It's hard to feel good amid a spiraling economy, crumbling infrastructure, a decaying environment, and a sky-high divorce rate. But now there's hope! This watch reminds you it's only a matter of time before you die.
:nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.