All you need is this:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local item i
      • Set temppoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Item - Create (Random level 1 item-type) at temppoint
      • Custom script: set i = bj_lastCreatedItem
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveItem(i)
      • Custom script: set i = null

No idea how to even begin to create this trigger. I'm just going to leave it up to the players and move on to another part of my map I can actually do something on. Thanks anyways.;) If I ever learn basic jass, I will come back and try this. Thanks.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Those are just custom scripts. Basically going to Action and clicking custom scipt. From there, its just copy and paste from here to your trigger. Since its not needed, then i wont do a trigger to merge the stuff. Itll take some hard work too.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Newgen makes things more complicated, just saving a map takes more work and I hear it makes doing certain things a serious pain. I have no idea if newgen is only for jassers or not as I do not use newgen and don't plan to. No I'v never heard of UMSWE, but I don't like WE enhancments because they tend to be more work than I am willing to put forth. I'd love to have additional options for world editing but I'm already asking more questions on this forums about basic WE than is welcome, I'm not going to set myself up.

You are 100% wrong on all of those. NewGen makes things, not more complicated, but, in fact, easier. Saving a map takes more work? Control + S, Find place to save, Enter name, Click Save. Done. AFAIK, that's how you do it in regular WE.UMSWE does not make anything require more work? All it does is add hidden models to the selectable models and new things to GUI like Custom Script code inside of GUI.

For example:

Code:
Custom Script:    call RemoveLocation(udg_location)

You can do:

Code:
UMSWE - Remove <LOCATION>
UMSWE - Remove <JASS CODE> (udg_location)

But I'm not saying it's better to use JASS inside of GUI like that just to say "udg_location", I mean for more complicated stuff. Anyhow, UMSWE makes nothing complicated, It makes it all easy.

Answering questions is what we do. You have done nothing wrong asking questions. It's just that we don't like to make your map for you, is all. We can help fix problems, we just don't like making your entire/part of your map.

And the difference between fix and making is like "I have an error in..." and "Plox, make me a super-uber-system-that-makes-my-map-pwnage-for-me system!!!"

As far as I can see, you've been on the right track. Don't be afraid to ask.

Reaction score
Newgen makes things more complicated, just saving a map takes more work and I hear it makes doing certain things a serious pain. I have no idea if newgen is only for jassers or not as I do not use newgen and don't plan to. No I'v never heard of UMSWE, but I don't like WE enhancments because they tend to be more work than I am willing to put forth. I'd love to have additional options for world editing but I'm already asking more questions on this forums about basic WE than is welcome, I'm not going to set myself up.

Do you know how bad I want to slap you?

Uszi

Reaction score
First off, thank you very much, skyblade333 for all your hardwork and effort. But I don't know how to make that trigger. No idea how to get Set C= (C+1) and no idea how to get Item - Remove D[E].

That I can help you with

C = Arithmatic (C(again) + 1)

When you set an integer variable, and scroll through your list of options, Arithmatic is one of the choices. This allows you to add strings together.

Its really useful for the above trigger, making C = C+1 or C-1 whenever an event happens. I use it all the time.

Item Remove D[E].
That's just:

Item - Remove Item function.

D is an item variable array.

E is an integer variable that he set above.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Copy this to your map's header and add the following variable to your map (with exact same names, including capital letters):
Code:
Type:             Name:                 Array?:
Item               ItemRemoval            Yes
Integer           ItemRemovalNum          No
Timer              ItemRemovalTimer       No
Real               ItemRemovalCountdown   Yes

JASS:
function ItemRemoval takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i
    local integer ii
    loop
        exitwhen i == udg_ItemRemovalNum
        if (udg_ItemRemovalCountdown<i> &lt;= 0) then
            call RemoveItem(udg_ItemRemoval<i>)
            set ii = i
            loop
                exitwhen (ii == udg_ItemRemovalNum)
                set udg_ItemRemoval[ii] = udg_ItemRemoval[ii+1]
                set udg_ItemRemovalCountdown[ii] = udg_ItemRemovalCountdown[ii+1]
                set ii = ii + 1
            endloop
            set udg_ItemRemovalNum = udg_ItemRemovalNum - 1
        else
             set udg_ItemRemovalCountdown<i> = udg_ItemRemovalCountdown<i> - 0.5
        endif
        set i = i + 1
    endloop
    if (udg_ItemRemovalNum) == 0 then
        call PauseTimer(udg_ItemRemovalTimer)
    endif
endfunction

function ItemApplyTimedLife takes item toBeRemoved, real Duration returns nothing
    set udg_ItemRemoval[udg_ItemRemovalNum] = toBeRemoved
    set udg_ItemRemovalCountdown[udg_ItemRemovalNum] = Duration
    set udg_ItemRemovalNum = udg_ItemRemovalNum + 1
    if udg_ItemRemovalNum == 1 then
        call TimerStart(udg_ItemRemovalTimer, 0.5, true, function ItemRemoval)
    endif
endfunction
</i></i></i></i>

To use it, use a custom script like this right after creating your item:
Trigger:
  • Custom Script: call ItemApplyTimedLife(bj_lastCreatedItem, 60.)

that will make your item disappear in 60 seconds.

If you don't understand any part of this, just ask. Me or anybody else who understands this system should be able to help you.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
No idea how to even begin to create this trigger. I'm just going to leave it up to the players and move on to another part of my map I can actually do something on. Thanks anyways.;) If I ever learn basic jass, I will come back and try this. Thanks.

It won't get any easier than this. You can either learn how to click Custom script and copy+paste my text, or choose any of the other crazy-difficult ideas in this thread.
Besides, if you're gonna make a map you must know how to use custom scripts. (Unless you're using EGUI or something..)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.