Permanent Invisibility doesn't like Fog of War >.<

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
So I have several structures with permanent invisibility. If I move a unit into visible range of it, I still can't actually see it (which is what it's supposed to do), but as soon as I move the unit away and the fog covers it again, it becomes visible under the fog... even though nobody has actually 'seen' it yet.

Is this because it's a structure, or what? Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? (+Rep)

Reaction score
Yeah, it's because it's a structure. I don't know how you could fix it.

If you add structure specific options, like upgrades, items sold, etc, then you can take away its structure status and it retains the structure specific data (haven't tested with all fields though). You could then try to make the unit resemble a structure as much as possible by taking away its movement speed etc.

There may also be a value under game constants which stops structures from appearing in fog - I think I've seen it before.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I believe in the object editor there is a field to each unit that determines if it is considered a building or not. Set it to false and you are good to go.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Yeah, it's because it's a structure. I don't know how you could fix it.

If you add structure specific options, like upgrades, items sold, etc, then you can take away its structure status and it retains the structure specific data (haven't tested with all fields though). You could then try to make the unit resemble a structure as much as possible by taking away its movement speed etc.

There may also be a value under game constants which stops structures from appearing in fog - I think I've seen it before.

Hmm. I'll probably have to give that a shot. Assuming it doesn't crash on upgrade or something.

I didn't have any luck finding that setting under game constants, but i'll read through it one more time.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Well, it has some funny side effects, like not displaying an upgrade progress while it upgrades, traps displaying in green while they upgrade and such. But, it seems to work. So it'll do. ^.^

Big thanks to both of you! :) +Rep!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.