Crime Philly Mom Who Carried Licensed Gun Into NJ Faces 11 Years in Prison

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Shaneen Allen is a Philadelphia single mom, a law-abiding citizen and legally licensed in her hometown to carry a weapon. But now she’s facing at least three years in prison—and possibly more, New Jersey’s My9 reports.

Things went awry for the mother of two last month when she traveled to New Jersey, where her license isn’t recognized. She was stopped by police on a traffic offense and readily volunteered to the officer that she had her gun and her permit.

That is how Allen, who got licensed to protect her family, ended up with a mandatory three-year minimum sentence.

“One of my family members, he thought it was appropriate for me to get one because I’m a single mother and I have two children and I work two jobs and I work late, and getting up at that time of night, I got robbed twice last year ... he felt the need for me to get my license to protect me and my kids,” Allen told My9 after the incident.

Allen said that she did not realize that her license would not apply in the Garden State.

Read more here. (The Root)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.