Picking a random trigger to activate at the start of the game?

warcraft7

Reaction score
Hey there just a quick question...im thinking of making a survival type map and i was wondering about this...can i set a trigger group or something so that when the game starts up a random spawn trigger is activated so every games different? like is the editor capable of doing this...because i figure its a lot more powerful than say the warcraft 3 editor. or are they just not that different? :p

Kyuft

Reaction score
Yes, just make a trigger, and under Events: choose Map Initialization. Then, just set the actions to make a random spawn.

-Kyuft:shades:

warcraft7

Reaction score
ya...i was thinking something more along the lines of having like 10 preset groups say one thats...all zerg...all terrain...all protoss half terrian half zerg...ect lol

something like that...and not exactly at map initialization but after everyone hits start or w/e

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Definitely possible. As far as the trigger editor is concerned, it is very similar to WC3.

Just start with all the scenario based triggers turned off and then use a trigger like this:
Trigger:
  • Setup Scenario
    • Events
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • General - Switch (Actions) depending on (Random integer between 0 and 5)
        • Cases
          • General - If (0)
            • Actions
              • ------- Enable Triggers for Scenario A
          • General - If (1)
            • Actions
              • ------- Enable Triggers for Scenario B
          • General - If (2)
            • Actions
              • ------- Enable Triggers for Scenario C
          • General - If (3)
            • Actions
              • ------- Enable Triggers for Scenario D
          • etc...

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
ya...i was thinking something more along the lines of having like 10 preset groups say one thats...all zerg...all terrain...all protoss half terrian half zerg...ect lol

something like that...and not exactly at map initialization but after everyone hits start or w/e

Please for the love of god: Use 5 more minutes on writing your threads.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.