Pillage aura

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
I want to make an aura that gives every unit in its radius the "Pillage" ability (that is, they gain resources for attacking buildings). Is there any way to make this as a custom ability, instead of as a set of triggers?

P

patcat

:d

there is a way to do it without triggers but it would be much easier WITH triggers, just have some thing like:
EVENT
unit is affected by (insert aura here)
ACTION add orc ability: pillage

and TADA!!!
oh yeah, i rock, you may not like that i rock, but that's the way i do it :shades:

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
...And what happens if he leaves the aura's effect? The unit will still have the ability pillage. Sorry to tell you, but you don't "rock" as much as you think you do..

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
patcat said:
there is a way to do it without triggers but it would be much easier WITH triggers, just have some thing like:
EVENT
unit is affected by (insert aura here)
ACTION add orc ability: pillage

and TADA!!!
oh yeah, i rock, you may not like that i rock, but that's the way i do it :shades:
First off, there isnt a way to do it w/o triggers, and secondly, your way doesnt even use an actual action.

What you need to do is make a dummy aura that has no effect and that will be the ability your hero uses.

Then, make a trigger like this:

events:
every 1.00 seconds of game time
conditions:
none
actions:
unit group-pick every unit in units in playable map area and do ([if] picked unit has buff pillage aura equal to true [then] add ability pillage to picked unit [else] remove ability pillage from picked unit)

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Why use "Units in Playable Map Area"? Could just use:
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Center of (Playable map area))) and do (Actions)
Less of a leak I think.... not sure though. Of course, you could just remove the leak period. :nuts: Lol. Doesn't really matter, your way works. :)

Edit: Blah! Well, the "(Center of (Playable map area)" should be postion of ..... somethign unit. :p Lol, doesn't matter, Isn't "Entire Map" better?

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Couldn't you just take away the "Pillage" research requirement, boost the area of effect to 8 or 900, and make the targets "Air, Ground, Self, Friend" like other auras?

M

mc117

no because pillage only affects the unit that has the ability, the effect an aura has on multiple units is hardcoded, and changing any AOE on pillage itself won't have the same effect as an aura.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Yes, apparently; when I tried my own suggestion, it crashed the game.

Oh, well, it was worth a shot. Thanks everyone!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.