Planes attack+move help!

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
Hi again, for my 0.16 version i was thinking of adding airplanes... but they... kinda work like overpowered choppers atm. so what i want them to be able to do is, that when they attack they continue moving to a random point after they attack.
Heres the trigger im using: i admit it has alot of leaks and is spamming if then else..:rolleyes:
Code:
Aircraft shooting
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Mana of (Attacking unit)) Not equal to 0.00
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Mini airplane
    Actions
        Set attackerloc = (Position of (Attacking unit))
        Set Attaim = (Position of (Attacked unit))
        Set Attdistance = (Distance between attackerloc and Attaim)
        Set randomnumber = (Random real number between 1.00 and 10.00)
        Set move2 = (Attaim offset by ((Random real number between -1000.00 and 1000.00), (Random real number between -1000.00 and 1000.00)))
        Set Attactualhit = (Attaim offset by ((Random real number between (-0.10 x Attdistance) and (0.10 x Attdistance)), (Random real number between (-0.15 x Attdistance) and (0.15 x Attdistance))))
        Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Move To move2
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Attacked unit) has buff Heavy cover ) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.01 seconds of radius (0.02 x (Attdistance / 2.00)) at Attactualhit, dealing ((Random real number between 400.00 and 1000.00) / (Square root(Attdistance))) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Divine
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Attacked unit) has buff Medium cover ) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.01 seconds of radius (0.04 x (Attdistance / 2.00)) at Attactualhit, dealing ((Random real number between 400.00 and 1000.00) / (Square root(Attdistance))) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Divine
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Attacked unit) has buff Light cover ) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.01 seconds of radius (0.06 x (Attdistance / 2.00)) at Attactualhit, dealing ((Random real number between 400.00 and 1000.00) / (Square root(Attdistance))) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Divine
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.01 seconds of radius (0.10 x (Attdistance / 2.00)) at Attactualhit, dealing ((Random real number between 400.00 and 1000.00) / (Square root(Attdistance))) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Divine
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Attactualhit using Abilities\Weapons\GyroCopter\GyroCopterImpact.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) - randomnumber)
        Wait 7.00 seconds
        Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack-Move To (Position of (Attacked unit))
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_attackerloc)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Attactualhit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Attaim)
anyways it doesnt do anything i want the plane to do except teh atack part... plz help :banghead:

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
Well if you want missile effects, you'll have to make dummy units to fire.

Otherwise you can just do Damage Target to all units in a range.
Code:
Set UnitGroup = Units at the point in a range
Pick all Units
       Damage target.

If I somehow missed what I'm supposed to answer, I'm busy watching something...lol

mushroom911

Reaction score
Well if you want missile effects, you'll have to make dummy units to fire.

Otherwise you can just do Damage Target to all units in a range.
Code:
Set UnitGroup = Units at the point in a range
Pick all Units
       Damage target.

If I somehow missed what I'm supposed to answer, I'm busy watching something...lol
i mightave not remembered to post it but i want to make the planes move after they shoot (instantly) i have no problem with the missile efect, i rly dont want them adn can add them later if so ^^

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
Well, what I've thought of is:

Unit is Issued order targeting a point
Unit-type or Unit = Plane
Continue the movement from there.

Or a wait trigger after you order the unit to attack, then continue the movement.

Or you could get some real fun with dummy unit missiles that do the damage. ^_^ (most effective) And the plane continues moving.

mushroom911

Reaction score
Well, what I've thought of is:

Unit is Issued order targeting a point
Unit-type or Unit = Plane
Continue the movement from there.

Or a wait trigger after you order the unit to attack, then continue the movement.

Or you could get some real fun with dummy unit missiles that do the damage. ^_^ (most effective) And the plane continues moving.
i already have a wait trigger, and dummy isnt rly what im looking for ^^
i want this to be as realistic as possible :D if i could i would make each shot special... but i cant which is why i use splash and random damage... anyways, in reality planes fly by and blast whats infront of them.. i want something like that :(.... even though i havnt had any luck so far xD

F

Federation

how a trigger that auto moves the plane forward in the direction its facing. (kinda like sliding on ice) and then you can set the plane's turn speed to be slow. (since it is not moving it self, it should be able to attack. also it needs to face an unit to attack)

mushroom911

Reaction score
how a trigger that auto moves the plane forward in the direction its facing. (kinda like sliding on ice) and then you can set the plane's turn speed to be slow. (since it is not moving it self, it should be able to attack. also it needs to face an unit to attack)

Do you (or anyone) have a trigger for that?, im not in a position to be triggering right now :D.........

that and yea i have phoenix fire and using it as turret mount on tanks, and on planes.... but tis still in work

well actually it doesnt fit into triggering atm...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.