Player Colours.

Sock

Reaction score
Hoi. I'm Sock.

Well this is my first thread, so I will give a quick introduction to me. I was found underneath a cabinet, and my partner has been missing for a very long time. Hahaha jokes, but seriously though...

So basically, I've been using triggers for the first time recently and i'm trying to make it so when you start the game, you are always purple! (and not red) I'm guessing this is something that is done using triggers, so I made a new folder and a new condition.
New Condition/ Player comparison/ Colour of player 1 (red) is equal to colour purple.

I thought this would work, but it didn't do anything. Is it because my map is still a melee map? I left the map initialization one that's already there (default). Please help.

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you want to change color of single player go Scenario -> Player properties and set the user player to corresponding (purple ) slot. If you want all players to have purple color, heres the trigger:

Trigger:
  • Huehe
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Change color of (Picked player) to Purple, Changing color of existing units

Sock

Reaction score
Great, ill try that. Thanks thorhunter. Would you know what the player colour comparison would be for?

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It can be for anything really. What you should taka a grip of is basics of triggering. There are Events - which determine when the trigger is run (eg. at map initialization, every few seconds or many other times);
Conditions - which act like sort of blockade for actions, or filters (most events concerns all units on the map, or all destructibles, or all abilities. Conditions allow you to filter these specific units, destructibles or ability);
Actions - these allow you to have any actual impact on the game, they are basically bunch of procedures like increasing player gold, changing unit color, creating units and all sort of things. Without any actions, trigger won't do anything at all. Most of actions and conditions allow you to reference the event, for example:

Event - An unit is attacked
Conditions - ('Triggering unit' type equal to Footman)
Action - Kill 'Triggering unit'

This trigger responds to an event: whenever any unit is attacked, checks: if unit being attacked is footman, and kills that unit if it is indeed footman.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.