Point Leak Problem

Pigger

Reaction score
I know about leaks and such, and therefore I know this (should) leak:

Code:
Else - Actions
    Unit - Create 1 Spirit for (Owner of Skeleton) at SkelePos facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To SkelePos2
    Wait until ((Distance between SkelePos2 and [COLOR="Red"](Position of (Last created unit)[/COLOR])) Less than or equal to 100.00), checking every 0.10 seconds
    Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
    Unit - Unpause Skeleton
    Animation - Play Skeleton's birth animation

Now, I know how to set it as a variable and later destroy it. But for my purpose I need to have the point constantly being generated to check if it is near the other point. Would the only way to go about this problem be to create a second periodic trigger to set the point every x seconds?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
The point will only leak if you set it again without removing it. So, if you set the point, do the conditional wait, the remove it, you should be fine.

Pigger

Reaction score
Ok, this is about the problem at hand, but different (I'm asking to understand).

The (Position of (Last created unit) will always follow the unit, no matter what, and will only cause problems if it is set multiple times, such as(?). I'm not fully understanding it.

And for loops, I've read the tutorial(s) on understanding how loops work and such, but I still draw a huge blank. If I used:
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Spirit) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Set SpiritPos = (Position of (Last created unit))
How many times does it set the position? When does it do it, how frequently?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sets the position 1 time per unit.

If the group (which leaks btw) contains 8 units, it will set 8 times the variable to (Position of (Last created unit)) which is pointless because only the last one will be remembered.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the point will not follow the unit around. Though, I could probably fix you up if you uploaded the map....

Pigger

Reaction score
Well, the map is going to be a spell pack I am preparing (trying simple spells for once...) so for now I will let the leak slip (it's a minor one anyways right?) so if you want to you may look at it. It should be done within the night possibly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.