Point Variables

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hellow fellas, i am curious, if i store Position of [Hero] in a Point Variable, than when i need to, Order Unit to go to [Stored Point Variable] will the Unit go Wherever the Position of [Hero] Currently IS, or where it was when the variable got created? , Uhm i think i made it look like a lot more troublesome than it looks :eek: but please,feel free to ask anything that might make this more clear for you to answer :thup:

PS. Ok it doesnt work, i tried it :) ,eitherway, can you look at this trigger and tell me if Anything is Wrong,or not efficient or whatsoever to complete its function, so, i need Knight, to go Footmans position,no matter where he is on the map , and when he reaches within 200 radius of Footman,he'll stop.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set FootmanPoint = (Position of Footman)
      • Unit - Order Knight 0001 <gen> to Move To FootmanPoint
      • Set KnightPoint = (Position of Knight)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Distance between (Position of Footman) and (Position of Knight)) Less than or equal to 200.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

PPS. The Trigger does execute exatly as i want, but since im a newbie, i dont know if there are ... Leaks or whatsoever, something that might mess up something in the map gameplay :( , never took the time to look into Leaks,and how to clean em up.

Happy

Reaction score
1) you leak 2 points....you remove them with adding this line for each point you store (its a custom script): call RemovePosition(udg_VariableName)

2) why not giving the knight infinite sight range and order it to follow once? would be easier and less laggy. and you could just make a trigger to check whether the knight is in range of the unit.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
The Follow order gets Buggy, the unit ordered to Follow sometimes Return in middle of the way,and sometimes it doesnt, i never figured out why, and tbh i was getting to frustrated trying to find the solution, so i'd rather avoid that method ;) , eitherway, thanks a Bunch for the Custom Script :thup:

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You had all the actions you needed (minus the leak-fixing), you just need to order them differently. Also, this isn't really a trigger that you want to turn off as there is no good way to turn it back on. Here's a version that I whipped up real quick and it seems to work fine.

Trigger:
  • Follow
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set FootPoint = (Position of Footman 0000 <gen>)
      • Set KnightPoint = (Position of Knight 0001 <gen>)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Distance between (Position of Footman 0000 <gen>) and (Position of Knight 0001 <gen>)) Greater than 200.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order Knight 0001 <gen> to Move To FootPoint
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FootPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_KnightPoint)

(Also, it's RemoveLocation not RemovePosition.)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Try some of the fields in Gameplay Constants, like Follow Range - Units.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
You had all the actions you needed (minus the leak-fixing), you just need to order them differently. Also, this isn't really a trigger that you want to turn off as there is no good way to turn it back on. Here's a version that I whipped up real quick and it seems to work fine.

Trigger:
  • Follow
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set FootPoint = (Position of Footman 0000 <gen>)
      • Set KnightPoint = (Position of Knight 0001 <gen>)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Distance between (Position of Footman 0000 <gen>) and (Position of Knight 0001 <gen>)) Greater than 200.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order Knight 0001 <gen> to Move To FootPoint
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FootPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_KnightPoint)

(Also, it's RemoveLocation not RemovePosition.)

Eh damn you Happy and i was wondering why did pjass give me an error when i tried to save the game :p , thanks Xan, as Trigger Turn Off,its more of a habbit of mine ,i like to turn off the triger after its execution,and than turn it on whenever i need it, this is only the Ordering Trigger, as i have another Trigger that Fires this Trigger so its all good ;)

-KaerfNomekop

Will look into it ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.