• Movement to Point

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Continuous Movement

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
I am in a delema, i am currently having trubble decideing upon which movement style to go by.

Ill start out with the constants for both systems.
-Both uses slides for move
-Both allows the Core to point to show where the opposeing core is
-Both allows the core to move past the 522 speed limit

Movement Style, Point
-An exact copy of wc3's movement, you move to the point, thats about all
-The codeing for this is a bit sketchy, and might even be a bit buggy, but it worked for the most part in bullet hell
-Reqires more code to get it to work

Movement Style, Angle
-Constant moveing
-Player controlled speed
-Player controlled angle
-Easier to control
-To the inexperianced, it might be a bit overwhelming (especaly if he gets speed modifiers)

so yea... i really dont know what to do here, i dont want to give both options to the players mostly because, one itll give too much of an edge if they picked either one (not tested, but foundation setting things like these ususaly makes a game unbalanced if given the choice) and two i really dont want to reproduce codeing for both types

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Well, first off, what unit is doing the moving?

Personally, 9/10 times, I would go for the point. Because, I think it's usually easier to control from a new player's perspective.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
The unit in question is the core, it controles the movement for the entire team, all the other players orbit around the core (they controle which angle they are in line with the core)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
bump bump 2 days lefttttttttt (or is it one... ive been ahveing trubble counting ever since summer started)

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
I don't really see why movement to point should be anymore buggy than movement by angle. Warcraft can calculate the angle for you, and you can feed a constant speed to the formula, and use exactly the same code can't you?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
it might be buggy because i havent worked on them for too long (stuff like twitching around the point you want to move to)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
yea... about the twitchyness, ive spent the whole day trying to fix it to a point where i am going to say... i truely give up on that system, it was buggy on the bullet hell map and is even more buggy here

i had a feed return to be to tell me the distances between the points (to stop the slide of a unit) it returned 52.000 and 52.001 .... im looking at it like WTF the input values are a constant and the unit is standing still (it rotates a bit to face a dummy unit) but this is basically causeing the twitching which i dont want and i have no idea how to fix, ive got it to instantly warp and twich, but never a smoot slide T.T

if i cant figure out a fix for this soon (btw by the loose codeing style im doing atm i doubt anyone but me can read my random chicken scrath codeing. its atm too confuseing for anyone to figure out how to work the trigger... me included) ill just see if i can combine the two somehow

(most likely by how far you click would be how fast your station will fly and that would be a % of your max movement speed)

PFFT the bug came from inputting the wrong point into my comparison equation haha..... and it too kme a whole day to see that... thats it.. im takeing 2mm off @.@

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.