Priestess Abilities

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Okay, so, I am designing an altered melee map (which nobody seems to care about). I am replacing the priest and sorceress with a single caster, which is mainly defensive (buffs, not debuffs). I just can't think of any good ideas for spells that the new unit should use.

I want to promote keeping formation as a strategy for human warfare. Right now, I have finished the swordsman unit, which has the defend ability (completely triggered). When activated, defend gives an 80% chance for the swordsman to completely block any damage in front of him. I am working on the spearman (rifleman replacement), but, basically, his role is to deal most of the damage (from behind the swordsman wall), being fairly weak (low armor), but with a high attack rate.

So, I need some ideas for caster abilities (they can be as complex as you want). I like the idea of 'on next' buffs, which give a unit an effect that fires the next time they attack, take damage, or what have you. I also think chains are fun (lightning, healing, etc.). And, I am totally open to suggestions.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Whoa. I hadn't even thought of those.

EDIT: No, really, I was just kidding. Post an idea.

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Fortitude - Allows a friendly target to gain bonus HP and damage.

Medical Aid - Allows a friendly target to recover HP when it takes damage at a % of the damage.

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Some random thoughts:
Priesthood and Magi are usually separated because:
- Priest/Priestess are associated with Religion or Holiness
- Magi deals with other forms of magic, which are usually more offensive.

Anyway for your priestess:
- Blessing (auto cast)
Improve moral -> Footman gets bonus healing, Spearman gets bonus attack

- Healing (active)
You can try Pyrogasm's Molecular bond, with a line drawn between 2 priestess

- Rally (active)
All friendly units within 300 from priestess will gain bonus armor. Those that wander off loses the bonus.

- Courage (passive)
If a unit dies within 500 radius of a priestess, all other friendly units in the area gain 20% attack speed for 5 seconds

Meowier

Reaction score
Here's some ideas...

Auto Cast - "Guardian" - Imbues target ally or self with a protective blessing that makes them block damage 25% of the time they are attacked.

Target - "Peace" - Causes a target foe to stop attacking and casting spells, the owner loses ownership of the target during the duration. If the target foe takes any damage, it forgets the peace and the spell effects end. Lasts 25 seconds. Cannot target heroes.
(That may be a good hero spell)

Target - "Poly-Protect" - For 5 seconds any foe attacking a unit with this buff is polymorphed for 10 seconds (Heroes 5 seconds).

Sorry if some of them are a bit imba, change them how you like.

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
A basic heal is vital to your map, I guess, but you could add this smart skill:

Aura unleash

Unleashes 4 positive buffs to nearby friendly units in X AOE for X(2) seconds upon cast.
The buffs are:
Endurance Aura Buff
Command Aura Buff
Brilliance Aura Buff
Devotion Aura Buff

(triggered of course)

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Few ideas...

Light Shard (Passive): When an enemy unit dies near the Priestess, the holy energy is consumed into a shard and given to the Priestess. When she next casts a holy spell, the damage is increased by 20 per shard or the healing is increased by 40 per shard.

Level 1: Maximum of 3 shards.
Level 2: Maximum of 4 shards.
Level 3: Maximum of 5 shards.

Holy Avenger: The Priestess turns into a being of pure energy, increasing strength by 1000/1250/1500% but having no mana. Has 2000 health and lasts for 20econds.

Level 1: 1000% increase in strength.
Level 2: 1250% increase in strength.
Level 3: 1500% increase in strength.

Divine Intervening: The Priestess sacrifices herself to protect another restoring his/her health and manas to full and protecting him from all damage for 3/4/5 seconds.

Level 1: 3 seconds of protection.
Level 2: 4 seconds of protection.
Level 3: 5 seconds of protection.

Ill think of some more, but gtg now. Hope these helped!

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Cool ideas. I thought of one:

[No Name (Suggestions?)] - The priestess blesses the target friendly unit, so that the next time it takes damage, a wave of light will travel to nearby allies, healing the first for 50 damage, then the next for 40, then 30, etc.

EDIT: Or, it could be a passive:

Whenever an ally dies nearby the priestess, a wave of light travels from the dying unit to nearby allies, healing the first for 50 damage, then the next for 40, then 30, etc.

I would like to make a point: Don't feel constrained to what you can do. Don't feel constrained to what you think I can do. Constrain only to what warcraft can do (e.g. Shards, which cannot be displayed in any practical sense, because warcraft wasn't made to use them. Sure, I could code it, but it would be very hard to use).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.