Prisons, a necessary institution?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i dont see the difference between a life sentence and death penalty. with a life sentenced, you get sent into a gloomy room where all the other criminals in there are guilty for some crime. Maybe hollywood made prison sound like a horrible place. but when you think of a prison, you dont think of a happy place with flowers and people hugging eachother.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
"Right" and "Wrong", as well as "Good" and "Evil", are simplifications designed to help people understand society, or the purpose of society, without actually telling them what it is.

There is no way to keep criminals out of society because it is human nature to do certain things that go against society. The people who commit crimes are people who are unaffected by the concepts and morals that society has put into place, that or simply people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and got screwed over, but there is always an exception to every rule, and that is it.

The best method to reduce the amount of crime that we know is to scare criminals away by making examples (i.e. executions or prison sentences), showing that if criminals get caught, they will be punished. Crime and punishment is a very basic concept, but it works better than anything else that wouldn't go against society.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
"Right" and "Wrong", as well as "Good" and "Evil", are simplifications designed to help people understand society, or the purpose of society, without actually telling them what it is.

There is no way to keep criminals out of society because it is human nature to do certain things that go against society. The people who commit crimes are people who are unaffected by the concepts and morals that society has put into place, that or simply people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and got screwed over, but there is always an exception to every rule, and that is it.

The best method to reduce the amount of crime that we know is to scare criminals away by making examples (i.e. executions or prison sentences), showing that if criminals get caught, they will be punished. Crime and punishment is a very basic concept, but it works better than anything else that wouldn't go against society.

I'm not sure but I think I agree...
I mean, you can't really change it, so whatever you do, there will always be crime. It's just whether if you can protect the innocent or not. And forcing different behavior is whatever way is just inhumane.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I heard prisons in Japan are almost empty!!

I think the best way to deal with criminals in is that if they are punished on the spot they are caught..
I think a torture is necessary for guilty criminals making the society scared to commit crimes..

Robbery is a very big issue here in our city.. The prison is not effective.. Robbers just get out and steal again.. They steal thousands, but they pay less for their temporary freedom.. The best way to show fear upon this criminals is to torture them on the spot they are caught.. Remove a finger or two and make his face shatters like glass.. Then have the media do the reporting stuff..

CatCat

Reaction score
I heard prisons in Japan are almost empty!!

That is sadly because.... well for the following reasons

1. Japan is quite well off regarding to it's stability.

2. If one would commit a crime such as murder (this does not happen very often) it will be published on newspapers etc. They will publish the criminal's family name, so not only is the criminal punished but also his/her family.

3. The laws are much stricter, and people know it (possessing drugs can give you life in prison, or even death). The general public have been indoctrinated with a very strong sense of what is right and what is wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
But it's really weird in japan. Did you know if one would commit suicide by jumping in front of a train the family of the suicidee would have to pay for the damage caused due to delays etc?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
But it's really weird in japan. Did you know if one would commit suicide by jumping in front of a train the family of the suicidee would have to pay for the damage caused due to delays etc?

It's a whole different system of belief in Japan. Everything is centered around honor and familial lineage.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.