Probably a simple question. RichTextBox VB.Net 2005

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
How do I do this Example programatically?, Please the easiest and most simple way :)

This is just an example and is completely meaningless but will help me if I know how to do it :)

Also, if possible. is there a way to determine if the user has clicked on the highlighted text?

P.S Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times. I've looked high and low all over the internet for richtextbox tutorials and they are all too advanced for me.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Text Box control is event driven. If the user clicks on the Text Box, highlighted text or whatever it is going to fire the click event in which you can put code into that event to react to it. If the user changes the text the change event of that control will fire and you can respond to that. Basically, you need to look at all the properties and events available to you in a text box control then experiment with them. Sometimes a good way is just to put a simple msgbox command into the event that will pop a message dialog when the event fires. That way you can see how the controls events respond to what you do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.