Problem: My custom skill trigger (with Hastable)

Bankde

Reaction score
I've make the chain skill (like healing wave in normal game but I've created my own one), there is problem that it doesn't work well at all. I need someone to check it because I've checked so many times and now feel some headache. Maybe someone with great skill at Hastable may help me, thank.

Trigger:
  • Frost Wave Hastable
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set Skill_FrostWaveHastable = (Last created hashtable)

Trigger:
  • Frost Wave 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Dummy
    • Actions
      • Set Skill_FrostWavePoint = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Skill_FrostWavePoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Casting unit) as 0 of (Key (Last created unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable
      • -------- This is for number of bouncing (I set bouncing number = level of skill) --------
      • Hashtable - Save (Level of Frost Wave for (Triggering unit)) as 1 of (Key (Last created unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable
      • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Casting unit) as 2 of (Key (Last created unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Skill_FrostWaveGroup
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Skill_FrostWavePoint)

Trigger:
  • Frost Wave 2
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Skill_FrostWaveGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Load 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) from Skill_FrostWaveHastable) Greater than 0
              • GDD_DamageSource Equal to (Load 2 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Skill_FrostWaveDamagedPoint = (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit)
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Load 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable)) at Skill_FrostWaveDamagedPoint facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add Frost Wave to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Frost Wave for (Last created unit) to (Level of Frost Wave for (Load 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable))
              • Set Skill_FrostWaveGroup = (Units within 700.00 of Skill_FrostWaveDamagedPoint matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Load 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True)))
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Random unit from Skill_FrostWaveGroup)
              • Hashtable - Save ((Load 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) from Skill_FrostWaveHastable) - 1) as 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable
              • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created unit) as 2 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Skill_FrostWaveDamagedPoint)
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Skill_FrostWaveGroup)
            • Else - Actions
              • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Picked unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from Skill_FrostWaveGroup
              • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game

The first trigger works fine but second one is the problem. If you've seen anything wrong, tell me or ask me (will take a little long time to reply).

+rep to all those helpful replying. Thank again.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Well first off, what exactly is not working?

I noticed some things, I don't know if this will fix your problem:

1. In your first trigger, always use "triggering unit", not "casting unit"

2. You save the Handle of the Triggering unit as both 0 and 2 of the hashtable.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Here are some of my thoughts:

1. I sometimes experience issues with loading or setting variables in a comparison. Try setting the variables beforehand, then use the variables in your condition.

2. Put in in-game messages to display the trigger's process. Are the conditions passing right? Is the right data being saved? Try and narrow down where the bug is.

3. If the two above didn't work for you, please describe the trigger spell more. What ability are you basing this on, and what's the trigger supposed to do exactly?

Bankde

Reaction score
Thank for replying. I've change "casting unit" to "triggering unit".

I've found one problem that is I have confused myself with a lot of hashtable and variable. I will try searching and create flowchart. Thank.

Thank Bogrim so much. Maybe it is setting variables problems.

PS: Is there debug mode in WE like in C++ Complier ??

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
what should this action do inside the unit group loop?
Trigger:
  • Set Skill_FrostWaveGroup = (Units within 700.00 of Skill_FrostWaveDamagedPoint matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Load 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Skill_FrostWaveHastable))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True)))

i dont know whether this is the source of your problem but resetting the unit group within the unit group loop shouldnt be done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.