Problem with moving a hero from one map to another

magnemann

Reaction score
Thanks dude. :thup:
I am going to write any further questions if I need questions answered in this thread, stay in touch. If I don't have any further questions, you (Exide) won't hear from me. Going to check out what you wrote after I've gotten some sleep.

magnemann

Reaction score
Exide, I am lost again. 2 issues:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Murloc chieftain for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building

1: How do I create my Murloc chieftain? I have to choose a unit, and since my murloc chieftain isn't in my map, how do I select him??
2: I have only looked at your triggers for loading/storing/restoring a hero. Was I supposed to do any other things? For example, do I need to put the maps in the campaign editor?
3: How did you get the "Hero-level to (Load Your_Labe_Here of Your_Category_Here? When I press the action Hero - Set Level, it says: "Set (Triggering unit) Hero-level to 2, Hide level-up graphics.

Trigger:
  • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to (Load Your_Label_Here of Your_Category_Here from (Last created game cache)), Hide level-up graphics

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Choose Unit -> Create Units Facing Angle
the click on the second underlined text saying 'Footman'.
-Now you get a new window full of icons of units of the Human race.
Click on 'Value: Melee' and change it to 'Custom'.
If you made the hero based of a unit from another race, you need to change race as well.

Yes, your maps must be in the campagin, like this:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/Trevor75/Screen1-1.jpg

Hero - Set Level + Game Cache - Load Integer Value
First choose 'Hero - Set Level', then click on the second underlined text saying '2', and choose 'Function: Game Cache - Load Integer Value'.
-Also make sure that you're doing this for the correct unit. (Not (Triggering Unit), and not (Last created unit) - but (Last Restored Unit).)

magnemann

Reaction score
Thanks Exide. :thup:
However... Now something else is bothering me. My first map used to be able to set next map to my second map, but for some reason, it doesn't work anymore, if I play map 1, map 2 won't load when I've completed map 1. I haven't changed anything, except for triggers on map 2. The hero won't load on map 2 either. :(

I am uploading my 2 maps so you can see for yourself. Tell me why Set next map doesn't work, and any other things I have done wrong.

Attachments

• Murloc map 1.w3x
    74 KB · Views: 188
  • Murloc map 2.w3x
    91.4 KB · Views: 189

Exide

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that you didn't read my Campaign Tutorial at all..
You need a campagin file (.w3n).

I took your maps (made a few changes) and put them in a campaign file. (File attached.)

Open it by opening World Editor. Press F7. Load the file. Then right click on the name of the maps and choose 'Edit Map'.
Read my Tutorial for more information:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98782

magnemann

Reaction score
Yeah, because at first I thought I only had to do the move-hero triggers.
I'll get to work on the campaign once I have some spare time, I have a rough week ahead of me.
But, were the triggers I did correct, at least? :)

Exide

Reaction score
But, were the triggers I did correct, at least? :)

Nope. :p
Some were correct. Some had tiny mistakes. Some had lousy names like 'Untitled Trigger 00*'. Some weren't needed.
-I changed some of your triggers in the campaign file I uploaded, you can compare them to your old maps and see the changes for yourself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.