Question about dialogs

dudeim

Reaction score
Well got a simple question about dialogs.

Is it easier to do dialogs in GUI or JASS (not very experienced in jass)?

Thanks

BlightWarden

Reaction score
My personal opinion: Jass is more difficult, just because you have to learn it to use it. GUI is simple compared to jass, unless your a programmer. I'm not looking to become a programmer so I can make maps on a old game. By the time I learned jass, wc4 would be out with a whole new editor needing a whole new program system.

I'll stick with GUI and use Simple jass to clean up leaks.;)

Dialog (depending on what you mean) is easier in GUI. (I use gui so:p)

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
I think in GUI its easier, except for JASS experts who r doing everything in JASS.
Btw here is a tutorial for dialogs in GUI

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Even if ur a jass expert its easier in GUI btw wc4 jass wont differ from wc3 the languag wil be the samd because jass isnt just for wc3 it for programs as well

BlightWarden

Reaction score
Even if ur a jass expert its easier in GUI btw wc4 jass wont differ from wc3 the languag wil be the samd because jass isnt just for wc3 it for programs as well

You never know. The next world editor could remove program functions all together and require a completely new method to map. I'm sure plenty of games out there don't understand jass code. Does starcraft or dragonshard or unreal tournament? I have no idea.

Point is, in my case atleast, I'd learn something, spend years to learn it and in then end, not need it at all.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.