Question on sound in the fog of war

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Is it possible to make units play sounds in the fog of war, as if they were in normal vision?
I know it's possible to make units appear in the fog of war, but they won't play their sounds correctly unless they are in normal vision.

+rep for helping

istar

Reaction score
it is possible, dota allows it
but i tot a sound will be played as long as in range regardless of FOW...hmm...
maybe gameplay constant?

ShadowBlade

Reaction score
How about using an ability sound, like Pudge's "Argh... Fresh Meat!" when he uses Dismember. (It can be heard globally in fog of war.)

Razed

Reaction score
Code:
Play Sound - ...
That stretches across the entire battefield, no matter what. So also through Fog of War, eh?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Import the sound to replace an internal 3D sound, like.... BansheeRangerPissed1?
I am not sure if this works, it's about testing and seeing what works.

MP®

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to hear 3d sounds through fog of war too.

I hope it is possible to hear all the combat sounds etc through fog too, otherwise just a triggered 3D Sound..

+rep for the one who can help me!

MP®

Reaction score
You realise this thread is just over 2 years old? Try not to necro please.

Yes I realised that, I thought it would be better to reply to this one, than to open a new thread. Now you can see what others already mentioned about this question.

But do you have an answer to the question?

MP®

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to hear 3d sounds through fog of war too.

I hope it is possible to hear all the combat sounds etc through fog too, otherwise just a triggered 3D Sound..

+rep for the one who can help me!

Anyone?

Is it possible to make a sound audible for only one player then? So I can trigger it that when a player's hero is near the sound-source the player will hear the sound (at volume depending on the distance between source and hero)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You would need "GetLocalPlayer()", a jass Action, for this purpose.
If you dont know what GetLocalPlayer does you should first read some turtorials about it becausethis function can cause desync-errors in your map if not used correctly.

MP®

Reaction score
Wow I looked it up very fast, and it looks like it's kinda hard to do... (I'm not good in JASS) Is that the only way to do it? :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.