queued order

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
Solved
im making a system (for myself) very similar to OrderQueue, which basically allows the use of 'shift' order with triggers. however, in my system, im attempting to store every order every unit is given, whether through triggers, human command, etc. ordering a unit with triggers interrupt the unit's queued orders, and this system aims to solve this. (also i think this will smooth out the ordering of units to 'stop' that simulates spell casting errors & uses of simerror.
so eg (a realistic scenario of this system's use), order a unit to windwalk through triggers and continue to attack the targeted unit.

so my question/ what im requesting for is all the possibilities a unit is given an order.

so far i have considered the following:
- triggered order: target, point etc.
- human command: attack/move/smart etc.
- auto attack/a unit acquires a target
- order unit to pick up an item/give an item
-

any ideas will be appreciated.
any ideas/system that already solves this would however be even better, be it the system i linked.

ty:)

EDIT
for convenience, i pasted the system here, if for some reason you wanted to see it
(i think you need membership to view pasted links)

EDIT2
- removed system (not relevant to q anyway..)
- added another consideration

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Your link leads to the forum of Hive Workshop, not to a specific page.

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
actually i thought this question would not be related to triggering at all :p
i thought it was only wummi who wanted to look at the Queued Order system, even if the system itself was not related to the question. xD
but i will consider it after a while..(instead of bumping)

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
actually nvm about this.. i just realized that no order is given when you queue the order. you also cant catch when a unit is given a queued order; the order is only given on finishing the previous queued order...unless there is a work around this. (there goes my 3hrs writing it :( )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.