r34l n00b in JASS

addeownage

Reaction score
i never used real coding in triggering, and i never used JASS, i need some really BASIC help or a nice NOOBY tutorial.... PLEASE, want to learn it,., i need it for my maps.. hoo :p

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score

lllidan

Reaction score
corvusHaunt said:
I think it is hard for Vex to stoop down to our n00bish level :p
If you find Vex's tutorial a little too hard, just quit reading for a little and then go back. But do not start using GUI right after you read or it will all be forgotten.

My advice: Get JassCraft. It is amazing, it will help you figure stuff out. Once you learn about arguments and look at all the functions, and how they work, it's easy sailing from there.
The only hard part is trying to forget GUI. If you learned JASS first, it would be easier.
Anyways, good luck

ADD: @smith_29
Battlemapsta already gave a link to Vex's intro to Jass. :eek:

From experience I know that's true. Back when I first started World Editor, I went to the tutorial site by googling world editor tutorials and started reading some to learn. Remember I had no experience at all with WE.

Anyway, the Basic Jass tutorial came before the Basic triggering tutorial in the list, so I read that and thought it was the only way to do things in World Editor. I didn't know GUI existed (dumbass right?). I started to get okay at it, then I decided to rigth clikc for once, and found that there was this thing called GUI. I felt liek such a dumbass. So I stuck with that since it was way easier and haven't tried JASS again since... :(

But I can do wonders in GUI!(kinda) (At this point in the post I sorta forgot why I'm posting this.)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Want a tip? Using Custom Scripts instead of GUI is alwyas a good thing imo. Well, for me, it helped alot because you can always convert and look and still understand the order of things (compared to function calls and stuff when writing in real JASS)

While time passes you will slowly start using Jass.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.