rally question

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If my unit has ability "Rally" and i set it's rally point to a certain point.
then it will have it's data stored so that when i use GetUnitRallyPoint(unit u)
i will get the point it has as a rally point.

Now, if i use a a trigger to remove the ability Rally, and I use the same command GetUnitRallyPoint(unit u). Would i get the latest data that the unit had or?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
No, you would not be able to get rally point, without the rally ability - but you could do this instead:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PointVariable[(Custom value of (Trained unit))] = (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Order (Trained unit) to Move To PointVariable[(Custom value of (Trained unit))]
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters <REGION>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To PointVariable[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]
I hope you get the idea of what I'm trying to express :)

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
nooo actually i dont but that is mostly because you dont know what im trying to accomplish :p

I am using a rally ability to sort of "save" the target of the unit's last order, so that i can recall it and and recreate the unit's movement pattern...

think of patrols, now if you attack a patrol and die, they should continue their standard route, this will not happen if they received any orders during your fight. That is why I am checking if the fight still lasts and if it doesn't, I'm ordering the patrol to move to it's rally.

I was just wondering if the GetUnitRallyPoint() would give me the data if i have removed the ability, so that i dont need to use "attack" order in my "combat triggers" but could rather use "smart order"

X-maul

Reaction score
ah - well then you can still use my method - save the units point order into a point variable and make array Custom Value of unit, and then everytime you need to get the order, just recall the Point[Custom value] :thup:

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
with an exception that there is no way to see a unit's order target :D

i will figure something out

X-maul

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Set TempPoint = (Target point of issued order)

what about this?

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Set TempPoint = (Target point of issued order)

what about this?

i solved the issue by temporary storing a rally point into a local variable, removing the ability, ordering a smart order, adding the ability and resetting the rally point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.