Random point of Region

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I made a Periodic event that a unit will be created in a Random point in Playable map area every X seconds.

The problem is, as you might have guessed, that the units always spawn with same order of positions every time you play the map.

I guess this is because the Random generator for warcraft is somehow time based, so I don't really need to know why this trigger is bugged, only if anyone could help me coming up with another way of making this random summoning so that it will work.

Maybe the time between each spawn could be random, but wouldn't that be the same every time you play the map too, as the random number of seconds would be generated the same each time? I've already noticed that random numbers on "elapsed time" and "periodic events" doesn't work. :nuts:

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Hmm.. try this: File > Preferences > Test Map > Uncheck Random Seed

Edit: That's only for the test map though, but I guess you might've been using the test button when u noticed this?

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh thanks, never imagined the problem could be solved so easily. That is, there never was a problem ;) tack ska du ha :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.