Rapid Killing and a few small questions.

hopy

Reaction score
Main question:
I had a spell Rapid Killing, but I changed it a bit because there were some problems with the previous version, but now it doesn't work anymore.

Allows the Archer to fire 2 extra arrows on each attack with an elemental bonus. |n - Fire deals 10% more damage. |n - Ice has 20% more ranged and a 0.5 second shorter Cool Down. |n - Nature can hit an aditional target.

The problem is: it doesn't do anything when attacking...
Trigger:
  • Rapid Killing Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Rapid Killing ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Interger = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Interger Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Unit_Group = (Units within 600.00 of Point matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) has buff Invulnerable) Equal to False) and ((Matching unit) Not equal to (Attacked unit)))))
          • Set Unit_Group2 = (Random 2 units from Unit_Group)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Unit_Group2 and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add Rapid_Killing[Interger] to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Unit_Group)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Unit_Group2)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Interger Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Unit_Group = (Units within 720.00 of Point matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) has buff Invulnerable) Equal to False) and ((Matching unit) Not equal to (Attacked unit)))))
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
                  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Unit_Group = (Units within 600.00 of Point matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) has buff Invulnerable) Equal to False) and ((Matching unit) Not equal to (Attacked unit)))))
              • Set Unit_Group2 = (Random 3 units from Unit_Group)
                • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)

Rapid_Killing[Interger] is an abiltiy variable set in a different trigger.
Unit_Group and Unit_Group2 are Unit Group variables.
Point is a Point.

The reason I had to use 3 if/else: Every arrow (intreger) has a different effect. (One more target, more AoE etc).

Also I had a few smaller questions, shouldn't take to long to awnser I hope.
- Question 1: Custom Script.
I had a piece of Cusom script in my map that didn't want to work:
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Town_Halls[(Player_number_of_(Owner_of_(Triggering_unit)))])

I was wondering: How am I supposed to destroy the right Unit Group array?

- Question 2: Dialog buttons. - Fixed Thanks.
I have a few dialogs in my game that allow player 1 to set some options at the start of the map.

For each Dialog I use different Dialog Menu's, but the same buttons with an array for each button.
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog_Mode
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[1]
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Clear Dialog_Difficulty
      • Dialog - Change the title of Dialog_Difficulty to Difficulty:
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog_Difficulty labelled |cff008B00Very Easy...
      • Set DialogButton[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog_Difficulty labelled |cff00CD00Easy|r
      • Set DialogButton[2] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog_Difficulty labelled |cffFFD700Normal|r
      • Dialog - Show Dialog_Difficulty for Dialog_Player

Would using the same buttons for each Dialog menu cause problems? Because if not there's something else that's causing problems and I'd have to search for that again. xD

- Question 3: Ability unlearn. - Fixed Thanks.
I was planning on creating a Tome that unlearns all your abilities when used so you can spend your ability points again in a different way in case you've made a mestake.
Now I was planning on doing this using "Set ability level of ability to 0" but it turns out you can't select 0 in that menu...
How can I create a tome that sets all hero ability levels to 0.

- Question 4: Item ideas. - Fixed Thanks.
I'm looking for 2 fun Voodoo Item ideas. Let me know if you have any.
And I"m also looking for a few Naga item ideas.

- Question 5: Upgrade names.
I'm horrible with names and I haven't been able to think of any fun names for a few things.
- A speed upgrade for Nerubian workers.
- A building that produces DragonHawk Riders and War Wagons.

+Rep for any usefull help, sollutions, advise and ideas.
Thanks in advance.

shady

Reaction score
Main question:
I had a spell Rapid Killing, but I changed it a bit because there were some problems with the previous version, but now it doesn't work anymore.

Allows the Archer to fire 2 extra arrows on each attack with an elemental bonus. |n - Fire deals 10% more damage. |n - Ice has 20% more ranged and a 0.5 second shorter Cool Down. |n - Nature can hit an aditional target.

The problem is: it doesn't do anything when attacking...
Trigger:
  • Rapid Killing Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Rapid Killing ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Interger = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
        • If - Conditions
          • Interger Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Interger Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Unit_Group = (Units within 720.00 of Point matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) has buff Invulnerable) Equal to False) and ((Matching unit) Not equal to (Attacked unit)))))
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Unit_Group2 = (Random 3 units from Unit_Group)
                • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)

Rapid_Killing[Interger] is an abiltiy variable set in a different trigger.
Unit_Group and Unit_Group2 are Unit Group variables.
Point is a Point.

The reason I had to use 3 if/else: Every arrow (intreger) has a different effect. (One more target, more AoE etc).

Also I had a few smaller questions, shouldn't take to long to awnser I hope.
- Question 1: Custom Script.
I had a piece of Cusom script in my map that didn't want to work:
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Town_Halls[(Player_number_of_(Owner_of_(Triggering_unit)))])

I was wondering: How am I supposed to destroy the right Unit Group array?

- Question 2: Dialog buttons.
I have a few dialogs in my game that allow player 1 to set some options at the start of the map.

For each Dialog I use different Dialog Menu's, but the same buttons with an array for each button.
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog_Mode
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[1]
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Clear Dialog_Difficulty
      • Dialog - Change the title of Dialog_Difficulty to Difficulty:
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog_Difficulty labelled |cff008B00Very Easy...
      • Set DialogButton[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog_Difficulty labelled |cff00CD00Easy|r
      • Set DialogButton[2] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog_Difficulty labelled |cffFFD700Normal|r
      • Dialog - Show Dialog_Difficulty for Dialog_Player

Would using the same buttons for each Dialog menu cause problems? Because if not there's something else that's causing problems and I'd have to search for that again. xD

- Question 3: Ability unlearn.
I was planning on creating a Tome that unlearns all your abilities when used so you can spend your ability points again in a different way in case you've made a mestake.
Now I was planning on doing this using "Set ability level of ability to 0" but it turns out you can't select 0 in that menu...
How can I create a tome that sets all hero ability levels to 0.

- Question 4: Item ideas.

I'm horrible with names and I haven't been able to think of any fun names for a few things.

+Rep for any usefull help, sollutions, advise and ideas.
Thanks in advance.

Whit trigger i can't help you.

but with Questions i hope to help.

Q3: Ability unlearn
A3:
1. In object editor>Items>Purchasable>Tome of Retraining ( the problem is you have to buy the tome to use it ) but you can make it notpurchasable by editing:
2. " Stats - Can Be Sold By Merchants " if it's True make it False
3. make False " Stats - Can Be Sold To Merchants and Stats - Can be Dropped "
4. edit " Stats - Classifications - Purchasable to Stats - Classifications Artifact "
5. " make Stats - Gold Cost how much you want Default is 300 "
6. next you must do is " Stats - Use Automatically when Acquired - True ( Default is False ) ( that will make your tome item when bought automatically unlearns all spells )

" If you want to make other item do Retrain you must do this : " Abilites - Abilities must be Tome of Retraining , next change Stats - Cooldown Group - Tome of Retraining and do rest of the thinks i wrote from point 1-6 :) "

Q4: Item voodoo ideas
A4: Don't have any for now

Q5: Upgrade Names
A5: 1.Speed name: Furios steps or Boots of Prometheus or Scroll of Prometheus ( if you want to make scroll )
2. Building name: Fallen Angels
3. Agi: Book of accuracy or Tome of accuracy
4. Str: Book of Strongness, Tome of Strongness, Tome of Vertebration Book of Vertebration
5. Int: Tome of Brain, etc. if you make own item and don't know how to name it send me Massage and if i have time i'll name items, heroes, spells, etc.

That's all from me :)

I hope i help little bit. :)

hopy

Reaction score
First of all thank you very much for your reply.

1. In object editor>Items>Purchasable>Tome of Retraining ( the problem is you have to buy the tome to use it ) but you can make it notpurchasable by editing:
2. " Stats - Can Be Sold By Merchants " if it's True make it False
3. make False " Stats - Can Be Sold To Merchants and Stats - Can be Dropped "
4. edit " Stats - Classifications - Purchasable to Stats - Classifications Artifact "
5. " make Stats - Gold Cost how much you want Default is 300 "
6. next you must do is " Stats - Use Automatically when Acquired - True ( Default is False ) ( that will make your tome item when bought automatically unlearns all spells )

Ah, thank you. I had no idea there was already an item that did this. I thought I had to trigger the whole thing myself.

A5: 1.Speed name: Furios steps or Boots of Prometheus or Scroll of Prometheus ( if you want to make scroll )
Sorry, I was looking for a Nerubian upgrade, so I was looking for something a bit more spidery. :p
2. Building name: Fallen Angels
I'm very sorry again, but I don't think that fits realy well with a building that trains Dragonhawk Riders. :p Thanks though.

I hope i help little bit. :)
Yep, you have. Thanks and +rep for ye.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
First, what is this line doing as the second last actions ?
Trigger:

#1: You mean, how to get the (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) in Jass ?

It looks like this:

#2: Yes, you need to have a seperate variable for every Dialog Button for every Dialog ;)

#3: This tome already exists... Tome of Retraining ;)

#4: Hmm, well some obvious ones:
Voodoo Doll: Allows the user to take control of a unit for a moment, and do only one action to that unit (As like cast a single spell or attack a unit once or something :S XD)
Voodoo Mask: Gives the Hero a slight increase of mana regen and creates a small voodoo doll to follow the owner, attack nearby units (Although weak attacks :p)

Both will need some triggering, and the last one might be kinda hard :S

#5: By "speed" you mean harvesting speed or movement speed ?
Either way, maybe something with "Rapid" or "Swift" in it... Sorry, imagination isn't my strong point XD

hopy

Reaction score
First, what is this line doing as the second last actions ?
Trigger:
Ehm... I have no idea... <,< I guess it's part of the old version that I forgot to remove.

#1: You mean, how to get the (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) in Jass ?

It looks like this:
Would this work?:
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Town_Halls[GetConvertedPlayerId( GetOwningPlayer( GetTriggerUnit() ) ))
[/QUOTE]

#2: Yes, you need to have a seperate variable for every Dialog Button for every Dialog ;)
That's to bad, although it does save me from having to search for other causes of the problem.

#3: This tome already exists... Tome of Retraining ;)
Yes, Shady already told me that. :p

#4: Hmm, well some obvious ones:
Voodoo Doll: Allows the user to take control of a unit for a moment, and do only one action to that unit (As like cast a single spell or attack a unit once or something :S XD)
Voodoo Mask: Gives the Hero a slight increase of mana regen and creates a small voodoo doll to follow the owner, attack nearby units (Although weak attacks :p)
Thanks, I especialy like the second idea. I'll see if I can create that.

#5: By "speed" you mean harvesting speed or movement speed ?
Either way, maybe something with "Rapid" or "Swift" in it... Sorry, imagination isn't my strong point XD
Movement speed. Swift... movement? xD

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Town_Halls[GetConvertedPlayerId( GetOwningPlayer( GetTriggerUnit() ) ] )

There ;)

Movement speed. Swift... movement? xD

Doesn't sound very cool... XD
Swift Crawling ? (Do spiders crawl :S XD)

I dunno :p
As said, no imagination XD

hopy

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Town_Halls[GetConvertedPlayerId( GetOwningPlayer( GetTriggerUnit() ) ] )

I see. :cool:

Doesn't sound very cool... XD
Swift Crawling ? (Do spiders crawl :S XD)
No, I don't think it qualifies as crawling. :p
But yea.. this is exactly the reason why I can't think of a nice name for this upgrade.

shady

Reaction score
- Question 4: Item ideas. - Fixed Thanks.

And i'm back again :p .
1. So, you want Item ideas based on voodoo.Well,
1.1. Voodoo Blade: cause Cleave attack to 150 yards also destroy mana ( item based on triggers with spell mana burn and Cleave attack ). Powerfull item that can be used in melee battles and destroy everythink around the unit,causes id% Cleave attack ( how much cleave attack you put your item ), burns ** Mana. Lasts 5-20 seconds( how much mana you want to burn item ) ( This is destription ). This item must be castable to be more interesting.If you want make it with 2 or 3 times recipe update. If you want i'll make you sample trigger with cleave attack and mana burn, but you must do your rest thinks.
1.2. Voodoo Meteor: 10-20% chance to summon 1 Inferno to fight for you ( for **seconds or until inferno dies ). ( example: damage:20-30, health:200-300, Armor: 3,4,5 or 6 Type Armor: Fortified, Attack range: 100, cuz infernos are powerfull creatures)

2. Naga item ideas. Well,
2.1. Summon Naga Guard: Summon 1 Naga Guard to fight for you.Lasts 30 seconds. Has Resistant Skin, Holy Light ( cooldown 15 seconds ) . ( example: damage:20-30 chaos, Armor:2 or 3 Armor Type: Medium, health: 350-400, Attack range: 128 )
2.2. Water Burrow: Gives you ability to hide in water. Lasts 5 seconds. ( if you have water in your map of course )
2.3. Naga Shell: Give 60-100% resistant from spells and attacks. Lasts 3-7 seconds.
2.4. Essence of Naga Queen: Health/Mana regen based on Str/Int ( 1/5 of total STR/INT be regenerated to caster. ). ( If you want make 2 items, first name " Essence of Naga Queen ( Regenerates 1/5 of total INT to Mana to the caster ) " , second " Sword of Death Naga Souls ( Regenerates 1/5 of total STR to Health to the caster ) " , and make trigger to combine these items ( 1/4 or 2/5 of total STR and INT regenerates Health and Mana to caster).

3. Looking for nerubian speed update. Well,
3.1. Legs of Ants
3.2. Curse of fallen bugs: Gives 2,3,4 or 5% movement speed of nearby units.
3.3. Killer bees: Summon 2 or 3 invisible invulnerable bugs to give speed aura of nearby units in 30 yards. Lasts 20-30 seconds.

4. Buildings ideas. Don't have any :(:(

Hope i give better ideas from my last post. :)

0WN3D

Reaction score
okay.... for the upgrade ideas. lets see...
Hornets Haste
Nimble Aracanichs(unsure about the spelling for the spelling of thr familyof spiders)
Mantis Grace
Agile Tibia(part of teh spider legs)
Energy Boost
STERIODS!!!lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.