AoS Realms of the Genesis v3

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Continued

Strafe
>> Rushes to target location, shooting x amount of arrows in the direction the hero was facing

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
@demotry
lacks 1 hero ability
please note that each hero has 5 abilities (1 ultimate) and one unita ability that will be given without learning

@magnaguard
or lets convert it to something more interesting
Strafe
>> Rushes OVER the target point in a circular trajectory, shooting arrows inside the target point

lets say the spell has 600 radius, that means the archer runs at the tip of the 600 radius towards the targeted point, and shoots arrows inside the targeted radius

@jonadrian
Impaling Fury (Active, Target Point)
Sends shards of stone/grass/water rising up in a line (impale-like effect) which flings enemy units in the air, stunning them when they reach the ground.

NOTE: This works like Impale. When you cast this spell, each Impale shard will take on the properties of the terrain it's in. In other words, if you cast Impaling Fury in an area with plenty of terrain variation, then you can Poison and Slow down enemies with the various shards, and more, making this spell effective.

[Please read Properties below]
i need to remake this
to make it more challenging, i decided to make it like:
gathers an element beneath jon (on where he is standing), then sending it towards the target point, creating pillars of *element* sending enemy units upward, dealing damage on take off, and landing, also stuns on land
reasons:
1. i made a really flexible system replacing blizzard's impale, like dota did, but i dont think that this system is more flexible than dota's system, because i can control the special effect, radius, offset and stuffs like that, with this, i can make something normal impale to hulk's earth smash thingy, thats why i thought, that i can make use of this system into jonadrian's imapling fury, so that i can save time and some space for it

2. i think it would be more challenging if the player needs to memorize each and every aspect of the spell, not like, cast it here, apply some random status without knowing how did it work, kill enemy, instead of look! grassy terrain, stand there to poison enemy, look! watery terrain, stand there to slow enemy, look! sandy beaches, stand there to stun enemy

although you guys have really nice ideas, but i have limitations, thats why i need to remake some stuffs to catch up to my limitations, but this doesnt mean, i cant make spells that i havent made before, i am learning while modding, and nice spells isnt the key to hero balancing which is not the key to a great map

thanks for the ideas, keep it up, after adding 4 heroes (1 each tavern), maybe i need to work on the items

forgot something, and yeah, also please add the origin of the hero (beholders or defiled)

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
hmm lets see..

Ability V: [non-ultimate] Arcane Sanction.
Targets: Enemy Heroes, notarget,instant.
enforce a decree. that whoever so uses a magic ability will be dealt with harsh punishment. but due to ???, this Arcane Art seems to only affect her? enemies.

Lasts 8 seconds.
AoE of 600~ or ~700
Level 1 - 100% Mana FeedBack on Mana used to cast.
Level 2 - 125% Mana Feedback on Mana used to cast.
LEvel 3 - 150% Mana Feedback on Mana used to cast.
Level 4 - 175% Mana Feedback on Mana used to cast.
[comment: this only takes the mana out. no damage is done.]

Additionaly. when Arcane Modification\Arcane Revision is learned. certain bonuses are added.

[Arcane Revision Effect+ on Arcane Sanction]
Level 1 - Deals 50% of Mana used to cast as damage.
Level 2 - Deals 75% of Mana used to cast as damage.
Level 3 - Deals 100% of Mana used to cast as damage.
Level 4 - Deals 125% of Mana used to cast as damage.

origin of hero.. flips coin..... beholders.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
thanks
ill be showing 2 of the abilities i made for titan, or maybe, i will not

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Please do! Or at least tell us what it does or something :)
Also, how many custom models are there already? 3? 4?
I just hope the map size doesn't fly :)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
1st spell - earth slam
slams the earth towards the target point, dealing half damage to units and structures, throwing affected enemy units upward, dealing another half damage on land and stuns them for 1 second

-if played by some experienced mappers, they can say the spell was just based off on impale, but its not, its a system i made (a flexible system, like dota's impale), i inteded to make this, so that any impale based ability will no longer conflict to another impale based ability (not stunning and dealing damage if the unit is still stunned by another impale ability)

2nd spell - Force Throw
picks a unit around 250 range of Titan, throwing it to the target unit, stunning them and dealing damage if they are both enemies of titan, automatically aborts (cancelling the issued order, and ordering the unit to key in the hotkey again, making it like normal blizzard spells when the target is invalid) when there is no unit to be throwed

this is not toss from dota, it simply slides the picked unit to the target unit, actually, it will home to the target unit, then deals damage and stunning them both if they are enemies of titan, the appearance is really sucky right now, i need to improve it, making the picked unit fly to the target, which means, another research for me because i dont know how to use parabolas :shy:

need spell ideas for the titan's stomp and spin animation, i need to make use of all available animations for the model, to use it at its maximum potential

i need ideas that will make use of these animations and not imitating another spell in blizzard or in my map (like thunder clap, warstomp, whirlwind, and bladestorm)

thanks

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Parabolas? What the heck is that XD Is it the arc in which something is thrown at or something?
Anyway, since Force Throw and Earth Slam is pretty much to help you aim a harder to aim spell, try something like "Juggle".
Basically, this spell knock nearby enemy units away from you and deal a small amount of damage. However, if the enemy is in the air (by whatever means), you will make the bounce up, fall down and whenever the hit your spinning arms again, they will take more damage and fly up again XD. This would be fun to see!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Parabolas? What the heck is that XD Is it the arc in which something is thrown at or something?
Anyway, since Force Throw and Earth Slam is pretty much to help you aim a harder to aim spell, try something like "Juggle".
Basically, this spell knock nearby enemy units away from you and deal a small amount of damage. However, if the enemy is in the air (by whatever means), you will make the bounce up, fall down and whenever the hit your spinning arms again, they will take more damage and fly up again XD. This would be fun to see!
lol
behold, the juggling titan (with jester hat)
...plays circus sound...
Waaks! maybe ParabolaSystem could help. It's under [Tutorials and Resources]
thanks, ill look into it

the map now only consist of 3 custom skins or models, taking up 1300kb if not optimized, and i lets say about 800 - 1000 kb if optimized, i hope this will be the last on importing models or skins for heroes

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
hmmm.

EarthSlam. if the targets are flung upwards. are these units invulnerable?. if no, this is a remake of kunkka's torrent. instead of slow. it's stun. however as you say. IT is DIFFERENT. in a way. like "in a line."

Force Throw, because it's a throw and not a toss. the subject thrown will not "fly" and will simply thrown directly to the target. the effect would probably.. smoke. so that I can get the feeling of "wuuuushhhh!!!!". + knockback to any idiot that blocks the "medium".

The only problem i have so far in those two skills are. both are AoE disable.
for a hero with two disabling spells. THAT is AOE.
you may think not. but I think it's quite powerful, and a major pain in the game. IMBA + it's a strength type. or was it.?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
@demotry
throw only stuns a single unit, double if the throwed unit is an enemy, stuns the target and the throwed unit
im remaking the force throw, making the unit fly instead of just sliding

@wraith
thanks

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
for basic vertical jumping stuff.. check this:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125699

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
got the spell working, just downloaded some reference demo maps submitted by members in wc3c.net and studied it, now the spell looks good, the throwed unit homes to the target, even if the target is moving and still maintaining the right arc

maybe ill make him the common knockback bash ability, or area passive knockback, i dont know...or if u have any idea on changing this to another unique one then thats great!

removing leap and whirlwind's invulnerability when casted

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
JASS:
library ShakeCamera requires TimerUtils
//by: waaaks!
private struct data
    // cant think of a player identifier, thats why i used mario
    player mario
endstruct

private struct data2
    player enum
endstruct

//for terrain deformation
private function TerrainDeform takes real duration, boolean limitNeg, real x, real y, real startRadius, real endRadius, real depth, real wavePeriod, real waveWidth returns terraindeformation
    local real spaceWave
    local real timeWave
    local real radiusRatio

if (endRadius <= 0 or waveWidth <= 0 or wavePeriod <= 0) then
        return null
    endif

set timeWave = 2.0 * duration / wavePeriod
    set spaceWave = 2.0 * endRadius / waveWidth
    set radiusRatio = startRadius / endRadius

set bj_lastCreatedTerrainDeformation = TerrainDeformRipple(x, y, endRadius, depth, R2I(duration * 1000), 1, spaceWave, timeWave, radiusRatio, limitNeg)
    return bj_lastCreatedTerrainDeformation
endfunction

private function ShakeCamera_Child takes nothing returns nothing
    local timer t = GetExpiredTimer()
    local data d = GetTimerData(t)
    call CameraClearNoiseForPlayer( d.mario )
    call ReleaseTimer(t)
    call d.destroy()
endfunction

//shake function for a player with ur own magnitude
function ShakeCamera takes player SCwho, real SCmag returns nothing
    local data d = data.create()
    local timer t = NewTimer()
    set d.mario = SCwho
    call CameraSetEQNoiseForPlayer( d.mario, SCmag )
    call TimerStart(t, 1., false, function ShakeCamera_Child)
    call SetTimerData(t, d)
endfunction

//anak (means sibling)
function shake_anak_bata takes nothing returns nothing
    local timer t = GetExpiredTimer()
    local data2 d = GetTimerData(t)
    call CameraClearNoiseForPlayer(d.enum)
    call ReleaseTimer(t)
    call d.destroy()
endfunction

//bata means child (in Filipino)
function shake_bata takes nothing returns nothing
    local timer t = NewTimer()
    local data2 d = data2.create()
    set d.enum = GetEnumPlayer()
    call CameraSetEQNoiseForPlayer( d.enum, 15.00 )
    call TimerStart(t, 1., false, function shake_anak_bata)
    call SetTimerData(t,d)
endfunction

//shortcut function to be called if u want to shake the camera of all players
function shake takes nothing returns nothing
    call ForForce( bj_FORCE_ALL_PLAYERS, function shake_bata )
endfunction

//Deforms the terrain and adding a shake camera for all players
function earthShake takes real x, real y, boolean neg, real dur, real srad, real erad, real width returns nothing
    call ForForce( bj_FORCE_ALL_PLAYERS, function shake_bata )
    call TerrainDeform(dur,neg,x,y,srad,erad,64.0,1.0,width)
endfunction

endlibrary

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
BUMP
~UPDATE~
* Removed invulnerability when Leap triggers jumping
* Removed invulnerability when Whirlwind is casted
* Added new hero Oniwaga the Titan
* Reworked a path between each lanes
* Changed Command Buttons interface
* Changed some interface
* Increased cooldown and mana cost on False Reality
Titan is out, try him out

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Titan is out, try him out
>> I might have had too high expectations, but he doesn't seem like his full potential. You got an awesome model for a cool hero, but you gave him lots of passives? His active skills, one being a battle shout basically, isn't fun to use. His slam is almost the same as the barbarian, and his toss is basically like tiny's.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
>> I might have had too high expectations, but he doesn't seem like his full potential. You got an awesome model for a cool hero, but you gave him lots of passives? His active skills, one being a battle shout basically, isn't fun to use. His slam is almost the same as the barbarian, and his toss is basically like tiny's.
..too much passives maybe?
dont like him too much now tough..

here's some ideas:

Toss >> your first idea was good, no parabola..
make it like this : pick up random unit, throw to direction and stun on collision.

Slam >> make it toss units to random direction...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.