AoS Realms of the Genesis v3

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Hey, I believe the Titan's name is from somewhere -_- AoM I believe.
Anyway, isn't Titan Vortex even more imba? You could always Homing, get in front of them and start spinning them to your allies. It does loads of damage and practically disables the enemies for the whole time :S
will be investigated, i need more beta testers for this, a game with you guys is always fun, beta testing, to test if the spell is good enough, imba? or just sucks at all

titan's name Oniwaga the creator of the model, now thats a large credit

btw im not always availabe for an online game, i just need some group of people to play with each other in b.net or in garena, or even 1 vs 1 is enough

for the homing, it picks a unit near 200 range, you can easily pick a non-moving unit, how about a hero experienced enough? you can easily run sidewards, backwards, or forward to evade homing, its not that easy to pick heroes

the range elite casting heal is not yet fixed, sometimes the spell wont work, sometimes works perfectly, sometimes works but looks weird

im planning to remake Sinnergy, he has lots of passive, 3 passives, which is more like a battle hero than a caster

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmmm??

What do you need (I just moved to Manila and had internet just yesterday o_O) from me?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Hmmm??

What do you need (I just moved to Manila and had internet just yesterday o_O) from me?
the good ol' denmax, for now i just need ideas, item ideas, item concept ideas, beta testers, special effect modelers, icon makers, storyline writers, skinners, and anything that you can think that is good for RotG v3

welcome back denmax (+rep for that), i hope all the good old active crew will come back and help me with this new version of RotG v3

@Zack1996
can you make the Berserker icon more paler? like skin more peacher, rather than orange, and hair more like dirty white rather than gray, i cant touch the icon because im not the one who made it, or maybe ill ask permission to you so that i can fully edit the icon, lol

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Here's the updated icon. Not much of a difference but w/e.
Anyway, you have permission to edit any icon that was made for your map that was made by me :D. Afterall, it was made for you!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Here's the updated icon. Not much of a difference but w/e.
Anyway, you have permission to edit any icon that was made for your map that was made by me :D. Afterall, it was made for you!
lol, thanks zack

for the alchemist hero, the stone burst spell is not that effective in games like these, because you cant really deal more damage if it the source is from the trees, like whos going to hide inside those trees? (tarzan?), also i already coded the spell and it took me about 2 hours making it, then i tested in game and felt like its not that effective, which means i need to take this spell down and need another spell idea replacing stone burst, the spell was cool, but not really effective for RotG, it needs a lot of codes and stuffs for this spell that doesnt really fit rotg, also 1 thing i hate about it is, you can ruin the creeps path, the creeps do some adjustments when some part of the terrain was cleared or blocked

EDIT: need another idea for alchemist's default ability, because the one jonadrian619 suggested is another summon spell, which is overused for this hero

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Ripped from FMA:

Transmute Weapon [Innate]- Transmutes a weapon from a nearby element and allows the Alchemist to use that weapon temporarily (or until you get another weapon, whatever you like). If cast near a tree, the tree will be transmuted. Else, the weapon transmuted depends on the terrain. Each weapon grants a different amount of damage and a special ability.

Anyway, keep up the wonderful work :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
lets go on with the terrain type on where the spell is casted as an alternative for this hero
thanks (earlier i was thinking of something that is opposite from your idea, making elemental shields, but not that great while shields has lives, and cannot harm you from an specific element damage, but it would suck because its not that fully functional, like you can only create earth, plant or water shields, making you prevent damage from fire, dark and earth element types)

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Again I want to give you item ideas/concepts, and again I need the stuff that you want with your items (criteria). I'm ready when you are. I won't be able to give any icon to the item ideas though, but I'll describe them well.

I have to admit that the summoning spell for Alchemist is overused, it is.

offtopic: Oh, ya and I finally finished the concepts for my new map, Amethyst Teambattle Tournament. Sadly, it's my last Wc3 map. I can discuss this w/ you via Visitor Messeages ok..if u want.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
im trying to make the item concept way more flexible than warcraft 3's item concept
examples are:
when item is equiped add some bonus (thats kinda normal) but not just normal bonus, bonuses like, adds str depending on the hero level, etc.

ill be also adding some kind of runic shops, buy this rune, apply some buff with bonuses, and remove it after some second, while we have our element/attribute system, i can now add some elemental converters, can be some rune item, or some kind of charged item

i think i cant add combine items for this, or i dont know, if u guys have any idea for the item concept and you want to contribute it, then that would be great

yep, we can discuss about it in VM

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I'll try to come up w/ some concepts..

For example you buy some runes that applies a buff, and if you get another rune of the same type, make those buffs stack (they last longer when stacked). Like if I obtain a Bloodlust rune w/ 25% move speed and atk. speed gain, then obtain another Bloodlust rune, I get faster. I dont know if this is possible though...

When you buy equipment items/permanent items, you can buy the same type again to upgrade the item. Like when I'm equipped w/ a +15 damage Axe, then buy another +15 Axe, then I get an +25 Axe, upgraded. In some unique items (if u have), like when I buy a Celestial Katana and equip it, then buy another Celestial Katana, then I get a Godly Katana, etc. etc. There should also be a limit to these upgrades ofc.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
For example you buy some runes that applies a buff, and if you get another rune of the same type, make those buffs stack (they last longer when stacked). Like if I obtain a Bloodlust rune w/ 25% move speed and atk. speed gain, then obtain another Bloodlust rune, I get faster. I dont know if this is possible though...
thats possible, for stacking buffs, but for the percent movespeed, i think its not, heres the list of things i can do for stackable bonuses
* Agility
* Intelligence
* Strength
* Current Life
* Max Life
* Life Regeneration
* Current Mana
* Max Mana
* Mana Regeneration
* Mana Regeneration Percent
* Armor
* Damage
* Attack Speed
* Move Speed
* Attack Evasion
* Attack Miss

for the upgrade system it works just like combine concept commonly used by maps, i need a more unique one

i cant think too well, because im having an head ache, i need to relax

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Try something that like this for an upgrade system:
You need to find a source of Iron/Whatever resource so your troops can have better weapons. Look for that resource and your troops will be upgraded.

Or just something like finding an artifact/crafting one. Then give the artifact to one of the troop structures and that lane's troops gain the upgrade or something :S

Or you could hire some pro weapon crafter who upgrades the weapon of your troops, maybe rescue or hire him :)

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
:D
for the upgrade system it works just like combine concept commonly used by maps, i need a more unique one
That's good, I'll use it in my map then.

How 'bout a paged inventory system? In your hero's inventory, there are two 'dummy' items which act as the Previous/Next buttons. It might be too common but it makes a great deal of storage space for items.

Or just put some skillful blacksmiths around the map. If you have enough gold and the proper materials (eg. stones, metals, ores, gems, essences) then he might make you one. Again this revolves around the item combination concept, but this time, it depends on the materials you give to the blacksmith. For example, if you give him a Maul of Fortitude (+dmg and strength) and the ingredients Ruby and Titanium (Ruby gives fire properties while Titanium alters the item's material) then you get a Maul of Fortitude that deals fire damage and more damage (due to its titanium material). When I give the blacksmith a Platemail with the ingredients Titanium and Sapphire, then I get a Platemail with more armor bonus and passive Frost Armor. If I give the blacksmith a Spear with the ingredient Topaz, then I get a spear with lightning damage. This system is all about item variation, and the thousands of item combinations it can yield. *gulp* huge.

the good ol' denmax, for now i just need ideas, item ideas, item concept ideas, beta testers, special effect modelers, icon makers, storyline writers, skinners, and anything that you can think that is good for RotG v3
I didnt know denmax was out for a while. Glad that he's back:D If I could be of any help, then I can make up a storyline. Hero storyline, map storyline and item descriptions and etc..

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
.. i can do icons / skins / *simple* sfx.. though i'm also doing these for my map,
i can help you out :), ocassionally.
i havent seen this post, maybe some forum bug, thats nice, while i only request some stuffs occasionally, lol
Try something that like this for an upgrade system:
You need to find a source of Iron/Whatever resource so your troops can have better weapons. Look for that resource and your troops will be upgraded.

Or just something like finding an artifact/crafting one. Then give the artifact to one of the troop structures and that lane's troops gain the upgrade or something :S

Or you could hire some pro weapon crafter who upgrades the weapon of your troops, maybe rescue or hire him :)
for the iron thingy, i have a map called LotAL and it uses some kind of oredicon to upgrade ur weapons, im afraid that the iron thingy would make the upgrade system more complicated, i just wanted to make the upgrade system simple
:D
That's good, I'll use it in my map then.

How 'bout a paged inventory system? In your hero's inventory, there are two 'dummy' items which act as the Previous/Next buttons. It might be too common but it makes a great deal of storage space for items.

Or just put some skillful blacksmiths around the map. If you have enough gold and the proper materials (eg. stones, metals, ores, gems, essences) then he might make you one. Again this revolves around the item combination concept, but this time, it depends on the materials you give to the blacksmith. For example, if you give him a Maul of Fortitude (+dmg and strength) and the ingredients Ruby and Titanium (Ruby gives fire properties while Titanium alters the item's material) then you get a Maul of Fortitude that deals fire damage and more damage (due to its titanium material). When I give the blacksmith a Platemail with the ingredients Titanium and Sapphire, then I get a Platemail with more armor bonus and passive Frost Armor. If I give the blacksmith a Spear with the ingredient Topaz, then I get a spear with lightning damage. This system is all about item variation, and the thousands of item combinations it can yield. *gulp* huge.

I didnt know denmax was out for a while. Glad that he's back:D If I could be of any help, then I can make up a storyline. Hero storyline, map storyline and item descriptions and etc..
yep the upgrade system, i used that in LotAL and earlier versions of RotG, then i removed it because i dont like the concept, yep the elemental conversion is nice, but we need to find a way to make use of the gemstones (emerald,ruby,amethyst,etc.)

or maybe, if u killed an earth hero, then an earth gemstone will appear or something like that, but what if u have fire spear, water sword, and plant knife? that could lead to a game bug, also if we implemented item restriction (1 item type per game, 1 weapon, 1 armor, 1 shield, etc.), we can get rid of the bug, but theres another problem, abilities such as critical strike and other abilities that based on attack damages will not work, while all spells that deal damage in my map are triggered (even the simplest bash), because if we converted the damage type of the hero from attack to earth (or other element) then those attack triggered ability wont work, because they can only detect earth damages, if we recoded the spell to detect earth type damage, then spells with earth damage could trigger the ability which sounds bad

for the elemental converters, i think this will only apply to armor type, convert to plant and then you have a plant armor, if u used fire converter then plant armor will be removed and changed to fire

in other words, element damage are the same as orb effects which doesnt stack to each other, if i can find a good way to change my damage system (i mean Dusk's damage system) then all of this will be possible, the only way i can think of is using xedamage system, a very nice damage system by vexorian, and combined with adamage system by anitarf which synergies with xedamage to create a whole damage system including shields

i hope you guys understand on how the system works, so that you can contribute ideas limited to the system's capability

EDIT: looks like i need to avoid things such as weapon damage type converting to avoid these bugs

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
ideas, item ideas, item concept ideas, beta testers, special effect modelers, icon makers, storyline writers, skinners
Amazingly, I do everything on that list (just suck at most of it XD).
Anyway, I never knew that ever single thing in the map was triggered, lots of work on your part I believe? I believe I under stand what you mean but that maked the Alchemist's Transmute Weapon easier to trigger and stuff right?

And I finally realised the upgrade you meant was upgrading the items :S. I thought you meant the troops upgrade and stuff. (Did I get it right this time?)
Anyway, since that's the case, you could always try something like the "Level Up" system. Like when you use a weapon to deal damage, it kinda Level Up (maybe gain charges or something to show the "experience). When it has enough experience, you can upgrade it somehow or it will automatically upgrade.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
And I finally realised the upgrade you meant was upgrading the items :S. I thought you meant the troops upgrade and stuff. (Did I get it right this time?)
yep and i thought you suggested about the creep upgrade system, so that means you are not wrong at all
Anyway, since that's the case, you could always try something like the "Level Up" system. Like when you use a weapon to deal damage, it kinda Level Up (maybe gain charges or something to show the "experience). When it has enough experience, you can upgrade it somehow or it will automatically upgrade.
ive seen lots of cons when i was reading this text, explain more about it, think of the unthinkable for your suggested system and ill prepare for the worst

~UPDATE~
* Added Sound sets to Altars
* Fixed Earth Bash Tooltip
* Fixed Range Elites not casting healing wave properly
* Reduced Pull radius and Knock radius on Titanic Vortex
* Increased the delay before spawning the lane creeps
* Fixed Unforgiving Aura Tooltip
* Changed name of Sinfull to Sinner's Spree
* Changed name of Sinless to Curse of the Sinless
* Changed Leap's fly time factor to a constant value
* Changed multiboard's interface a bit
* Fixed Titanic Vortex not removing bonus
* Fixed Titanic Vortex targets, making Titan attack ancient units
* Fixed some UnitProperty based bugs that will be useful in the future
* Changed the Ground texture of Tidal Guardians
* Changed Altar of Undying to Altar of Incarnation
* Reterrained some parts of the map
* Improved some special effects
* Added New Hero Jon Adrian the Alchemist
* Ability text tag now only shows for allied players
* Recoded Leap again
* Titan is now inside the Tavern of Eternals
* Changed icon on Barbarian
* Rechanged Life and Armor bonus constants
* Increased initial HP for heroes

Earth Alchemist is out with 1 missing ability, the ultimate, i really cant think of something for his ultimate for now, i cant take jonadrian619's suggestion for his ultimate, because if i do, he would be the most damage dealer hero in the game, not only that, with great combination, strategy and practice with the hero, you will totally own the game, push, lane control, hero killing with lots of massive damage and 1 disable, 1 damage dealer semi disable, assistance with summoned units (slow, bash, and rejuvination), mana regeneration, and the ultimate which deals a lot of damage, thats why i didnt add jonadrian619's ultimate with this hero

i thought it would be better for the hero if i will release the map without its ultimate, so that you can try the hero, and think of something that will synergies with its current abilities, thats why i need you to try him out

barbarian icon was changed, thanks to zack1996 for the temporary barbarian icon

after creating earth alchemist's ultimate, im going to replace dusk's damage system into something that fits my liking, also many features will be added, increasing the limit of hero ideas and item ideas

also for now i need hero ideas for the Defiled's side, also after releasing 3 heroes per tavern, im going to stop distributing spoiler maps, because when im done creating 6 heroes per tavern, im going to work with the items, which means, im almost done with the beta map

if u want to contact me quickly, please add me at yahoo messenger roljohn123

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Earth ALchemist UlTi:

Towering Earth:
create 4 pillars that will rise up.. then fall down, dealing crushing damage and stunning.
*rising is like casting time, there is a delay so that heroes are able to run away
can be an idea source for the ultimate, more sources means more unique spell

edit: if u find any bugs or errors in game, please report back, because maybe the optimizer caused it

edit2: looks like the titan took a lot of space in the map, maybe ill change the hero's model, looks like ill be using lots of custom icons for the map, which means, less custom models, and lots icons, also there will be some custom special effects and custom skin, while skin doesnt take that much space (my sinnergy skin just took about 27kb)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.