Recipe RECIPE - Chili Cheese Dog Bake

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
chili_cheese_dog_bake.jpg

Chili Cheese Dog Bake

I love recipes like this! I do not like to make the dough so I tend to use the premade dough like this recipe calls for. That kind of dough makes good Kolaches and other sausage wraps and work really good in pig in a blanket type recipes. You can use any kind of dough with this you just have to prepare that dough first for baking. You can really get creative with this type of recipe doing all kinds of replacements but this is the basic recipe and the basics are, oh so good! :)

This Chile Cheese Dog Bake Dinner will feed 2-4 people with a good side dish but you might need to double the recipe if you have some 2 hot dog eaters and the leftovers, if there are any, taste better the next day!

Ingredients:
  • 4 Hot Dogs
  • 4 String Cheese (Cheddar)
  • 1 can Pillsbury Pizza Dough
  • 1 15 oz can Chili
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
  • 6 x 10 or 7 x 11 baking pan (whatever kind of pan to fit 4 hot dogs - scale up for more)
Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 F
  • Pour chili into the baking pan
  • Remove the cheese from the wrappers and cut in half lengthwise, then set aside
  • Open the can of pizza dough and roll out
  • Cut the dough into 4 equal sections
  • Take a hot dog and sandwich it with the two sides of cheddar
  • Beginning at one end of the strip of dough, begin to wrap the bundle into the dough, covering the whole length of the hot dog with the dough
  • Place in the pan with the chili, seam side down
  • Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until the dough is cooked and golden brown on top
  • Mix the garlic and parsley with the melted butter and brush the tops of the hot dogs with the garlic butter
Enjoy!

Note:

• To avoid a doughy bottom - just place the dogs in first then pour the chili around them

See all the Recipes in the Recipes Index!

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.