reducing lag from custom models?

cowmenace

Reaction score
In my game there's hundreds of custom-modelled units running about. Is there any way to reduce the impact? the game is nearly unplayable... any way to preload or something?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Models usually don't make the game lag that much, you might have triggers that leak ALOT. How many triggers do you have ??
Do you have many triggers which run like Every 0.1 seconds or something which might leak ?

cowmenace

Reaction score
AHHH Reminding me of those days brings such terrible memories.........
I spent a week fixing every single little teeny tiny leak in every line of my map. It's got no leaks. Now, spamming of nearly a thousand high-poly custom models? That's where I'm thinkin it's at, but I don't know what to do

EDIT: And the game severely lags every time a group of custom models spawn

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh, you have that many units in your map at the same time ? :S
Might wanna cut back on that i'd believe, otherwise i can't see anything else you can do, sorry :(

cowmenace

Reaction score
well, max of 500 total infantry for all players, then tanks and airplanes accounts for maybe 60 units I can't see the number going over that, then maybe 100 or so snipers/grenadiers, the defensive structures another 100.

I'd say about 800 units TOPS in the game...
Most likely the number will be around 300 units at the same time. ALL custom models except heroes

EDIT: ooh... I found a preloading action... hmm what files can i preload? just mdx's? mdx and blp's? any file type?

_whelp

Reaction score
Well, here's what I've heard a couple weeks back:

One hundred or more units on the map will cause lag.

GUI:
Trigger:
  • Statement
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area))) Greater than or equal to 100
    • Actions
      • Game - Cause guaranteed lag (for all players)

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Lol nice _whelp. But maybe you should cut back on the units, make the battles small scale, like make a soldier = 10 old soldiers that way its smaller scale and makes less lag.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.