Removing Texture / Adding Space

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hi.

Feels like I'm all new to this forum again.
I recently got my copy of Starcraft 2, and now I'm ready to begin mapping again.

My first question is: how can I remove the texture that is automatically created when I start a new document?
I want to create a space platform with "void" (space) between the platforms, but I can't remove the automatically generated texture.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
If you just want the space background, choose a space platform set like Avernus or Braxis Alpha, then lower the terrain. I hope that's what you wanted, otherwise just reply here.

Exide

Reaction score
If you just want the space background, choose a space platform set like Avernus or Braxis Alpha, then lower the terrain. I hope that's what you wanted, otherwise just reply here.

Yes, I would like to remove the floor and show the space background.
I tried lowering the terrain with the raise/lower terrain tool, but it didn't work. -I probably misunderstood you.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You can turn off the terrain tiles under the Terrain Objects section of the Terrain layer. Just remove the tiles that you don't want to see.

Exide

Reaction score
You can turn off the terrain tiles under the Terrain Objects section of the Terrain layer. Just remove the tiles that you don't want to see.

That's what I was looking for, thanks. :thup:

The problem now is that units can walk on the terrain anyway. Meaning ground units will just walk off the ledge and hang in mid-air over space.

Is there a way to fix this automatically? Or do I need to put pathing blockers manually around every edge?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Change it to the Pathing layer and remove the ground pathing.

Exide

Reaction score
There is no painted pathing by default.
However I can paint ground pathing if I want to, but my units ignore it just the same. :confused:

Exide

Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.