Rep question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duyen

Reaction score
Hello fellow TH members.

Would it be a "legit" reason for -repping someone because they -repped someone else for spamming?

Just wondering,
Anman64

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Really depends on what you feel and what you think is right. Quite frankly, unless you get an ugly -10 rep with no justification no one would mind much about your rep. Just don't randomly -/rep.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
That would probably fit under the random -rep. If you'll -rep a lot of people for no good reason then maybe something will done.

Another thing.
Don't mind so much about reputation.

duyen

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm just wondering because I seem to get -repped randomly a lot. I mean I can understand if I swear or double post or something but...

Reaction score
Users can -rep you whenever they want.. but if they do it for no reason, then they probably (if you notify admin) get punished. But if it just one random -rep, don't mind about it at all :).

>Would it be a "legit" reason for -repping someone because they -repped someone else for spamming?
Yes.. in a way, at least in my opinion.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> to get -repped randomly
...would mean getting -rep with the comment "lol" for some 6 months+ old post.
I failed to find anything like that in your rep log.

The -rep you got is:
-For a post three people disagreed with, one of these people is an admin
-For a post in which you basically said somebody's work sucks
-For a post which is...spam to say the least, consisted of you saying how you -repped someone. I assume this is the one you're complaining about. Now, was that really necessary? He'll get your message when he opens his rep log anyway.
-For double threading - this is the only one I found unjustified so I removed it (which is not something I normally do BTW, it's just rep, for heaven's sake).

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I would not call that legit.

If someone -reps you because you spam and then you say "Oh yea?" Then -rep them becuase they -rep you its just being immature and showing that you did in factneed that -rep, for a reason other then spamming.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Would it be a "legit" reason for -repping someone because they -repped someone else for spamming?

Actually in your case it's more like a -rep given after you've posted about that -rep given. Which is spam, really.

So, yes. :)

Anyways, remember the fact that reputation means nothing.

duyen

Reaction score
Rep Question (2)

Sorry if i'm not suppose to post another thread but...

I posted in a thread that was titled "[Icon Pack] ......"

however when I looked in the thread I only saw 1 icon so I posted that it wasn't an icon pack if it was only one icon.

However some kind admin changed it and then I get hammered with a -10 from a mod because "he didn't ever say it was an icon pack"?

WTF?

The mod also said that I should "try to concentrate on the topic more", I'm a perfectionist, that's what I do, perfect.

Reaction score
Hello fellow TH members.

Would it be a "legit" reason for -repping someone because they -repped someone else for spamming?

Just wondering,
Anman64

Chances are you were -Repped for telling the "spammer" (who didn't actually spam) to "just shut up, I've already -repped you". Is this the incident you refer to?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Hmm....
That post of yours, did it just mention about that IconPack containing 1 icon?
Or did it has more things on-topic?

If I were that Admin, and that post only mention about that, I would change the title, and wouldn't -rep you, though, well, people are different.

Then again, don't care too much about your reputation :p
How about asking that Admin yourself? (via PM or whatever)
Maybe soon he'll post here :rolleyes:

duyen

Reaction score
Anman64 said:
It's not a pack if it's one.

The exact response.

darkRae said:
How about asking that Admin yourself?

First off, it was a mod (Not Important). Second off I had a nice long conversation of about 20 messages to no avail.
darkRae said:
Maybe soon he'll post here

He already has.

Jindo said:
You want my honest opinion?

It's just rep, it doesn't hurt anyone and it doesn't mean anything.

The sooner people realise that, the better.

Then why not take it away?

I am going to make sure I ask TH about why there's a rep system.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Still waiting for the generals publics response to question 2

I don't exactly know what you are waiting for. As general policy we do not change rep on an individual basis. You can talk about every negative reputation issue you ever get in the forums but more than likely it is not going to be changed. The best you can usually hope for is a mercy rep from someone for it then that is really begging for rep and we don't want those kind of threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.