River Kingdoms is looking for Alpha Testers

W

what666said

Cloak_Master and I have entered the Alpha testing stage of our project, we are looking for people willing to test the map. If you'd like to read about the map itself, please see the thread titled "I was thinking about this..." or whatever farther down. The following will be true about the test:

I) The map has bugs, that's why we're conducting this Alpha test on thursday. We would love to have you take part in the test, but tell us ahead of time.

:)

II) The map will be protected and we will not be releasing information on how it works at this time.

III) If you're not serious about this, and do not have the 30 minutes to spend between 8:00 and 8:30, PLEASE DON'T TELL US AHEAD OF TIME AND DELAY THE PROCESS. We don't have much time before our release date and we're cramming everything at this point.

IV) We will be running the test in as organized a form as possible, if you can't deal with followed orders, read the previous section. (Section III).

General Idea of the Map:

You get a manor/knight and you get units, and you kill each other.

It's a lot cooler than that though... read the other thread: Other Thread

Address all questions BEFORE 7:30 PM THURSDAY (or tuesday) to our private message boxes.

The tests will be on:

Thursday December 15th -- This test is for thehelper.net ONLY, the time will be:

8:00 PM EST - USEAST Server - Contact us at: "kthx-nub" OR "Cloak_Master" on Battle.net.

Tuesday December 20th -- This test will be actually two tests, for the public and any helper.net people who are interested (you are guaranteed a slot). The time will be THE SAME AS ABOVE!!!

To Apply:

Send your battle.net name to either of us (e-mail, aim, private message, whatever) along with a place where we can contact you (e-mail would be best).

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Oh, and if you have any questions about the map just ask. I'd love to hear your input.

This is how it'll work...

what666said said:
Ten Kingdoms:

This is my new project and with the help of Cloak_Master we are going full force into it. The Terrain is almost done, units are being finished, there is custom AI controlling players units so that they do not have to worry about them, and so on.

Here are the basics:

What The Players Do:

Each player gets a "Knight" hero who is their main unit. The heroes will have unlimited levels, though we doubt anybody will get very high with them. They will also get a slew of spells at their hands to wreck havoc... but the heroes will not be the main goal of this map. The unit's are where the true fun comes.

The Difference:

What's special in this map? Units, they are stored as items. Myself and Cloak both felt the same way, that dealing with large armies and having to group them is a waste of time. So we took movement to a whole new level, players only ever have to control one unit (you get the choice of manually controlling some units), your knight.

The Units:

There are six of them, four melee and two range, (this way you can have all 6 in your inventory at once). You release them by simply clicking them, each unit gets a 1 minute lifetime after their release and the units all have a special power of some kind (except the basic melee and range units).

Your Home:

Each player also has a home base, if the base dies the game is over for that player. This is where the players purchase their units and where a players "money" comes from. Every 15 seconds 100 gold spawns, or 200 gold and 1 unit of "metal" (currently lumber) at later levels of the base. The base also has the settings for "Offensive AI and Defensive" which control the auto-spawned units that defend your base (there are 5 of these, just to hold down the fort until your hero can get home with your real army).

The only special thing about the home is that your money spawns as items nearby the base, in this way it forces players to have to be at home to pick up their gold, and it adds a new level to the game "raiding" enemies for their money.

The End:

The last player to still have his home is the winner.

Also, we have added the option of combining basic units into more advanced units for unique strategies. Tell us what you think! :D

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
are the units just single units or is each item representative of a number of units?

And I'd like to come, my B.net name is ThePaper on east, AgentPaper on west. what time would it be for pacific coast time?

W

what666said

PST is -3 from EST if I remember correctly... so that would be 5 for you. Hopefully that will still work out.

As for the units, currently each time you click an item it releases a single unit, eventually though we plan on implementing something that will release a ll units at once when enabled (possibly holding down one of the arrow keys or something to release all of them).

W

what666said

--BUMP--

We have ~2-3 testers plus myself and cloak_master. We are still looking for more people, remember:

This test is EXCLUSIVE TO MEMBERS OF THEHELPER! This is your chance to get your name on a map and be able to see it almost a week and a half before release. JOIN NOW!!

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Slight problem 666. Well, actually it's pretty gigantic. Catch me later on AIM and I'll tell you about it...

Edit: I really suggest joining the beta guys... we've utilized some pretty unique systems that are bound to add up to a lot of game time.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Hmm, 5 might be hard, but I think I can pull it off, but don't waste too much time waiting for me. I can definetly be on later than that though. (I get out of school at 3, then it's an hour and a half's ride back to my house. That will work out (home at 4:30), but only if my parents actually come at 3, they may come later, up to a few hours.

W

what666said

---NOTE!!!---

Cloak_Master had to quit the project... and he couldn't send me the file with the updates he recently added in them (He didn't say why). Unless I can get this file back and finish the additions to the map within time for the test - it will be delayed.

THE TEST HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL TUESDAY!!!!!!

THERE WILL BE NO TEST TODAY.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.