Robo Warz 1.76b is here! (with AI)

Cal1991

Reaction score
Robo Warz 1.79! (help wanted with next version)

This is the latest version of Robo Warz! Changes include:

- Balanced gameplay and fixed some abuses.
- Attack/armor tooltips show the exact amount they deal to each other, making it easier for newbies to understand the counter system.
- You can handicap yourself in game by typing #pro (the % you want your gold and exp to be reduced by) For example, typing #pro 90 will make you gain 90% of the normal amount of exp and gold from kills. Typing #pro 100 will set you back to normal.
- The computer AI swaps to a new hero and sells its old one correctly now.

Download:
Direct link: http://epicwar.com/maps/download/32175/Robo Warz 1.79.w3x
Link to site:
http://epicwar.com/maps/32175/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My next version is going to be the final major release, although there may be a few balance and bug patches after it.
Some of the things you could earn by helping:
1. + rep from me (Cal1991) and/or from my two brothers (DAskunk and Evan1993)

2. An item named after you/made as you requested (these items would go with the other items in the secret item shop, and would be subject to balance changes as necessary)

3. Your name on the loading screen and in the credits.

Also, you might want to help just for fun :D

What I need help with:
1. Triggering for some of the more complex spells I'm working on.

2. A better loading screen than the current one.

3. Ideas for spells (I already have some of the spells for the new heros planned out)

4. Useful feedback/ideas on how to improve the game.

5. Help on optimizing the map to reduce loading time and file size. (I already use vexorians map optimizer, and used the MDX squishier to slightly reduce some custom model size, and used TheProphet Warcraft 3 Viewer to optimize some of the skins, but I am looking for more/better ways to reduce download/load time without hurting game play)

6. Help eliminating server splits/disconnections. (these don't happen in a consistent manner... just sometimes someone will disconnect for no apparent reason, and occasionally the game will server split, and it seems like this happens more often in Robo Warz than other maps, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me why)

7. Helping testing new versions, and hosting them on Bnet for people to download.

If you want to help with any of the above, PM me or post in this thread for more specific details.
Even if you don't want to help, comments/questions are very welcome. :)

For those that don't already know, Robo Warz is basically a complex footman wars for people who like robot games (although it has much more game play depth and balance then any footman wars I know of)

If you haven't already, give Robo Warz a try! the better you become at it, the more levels of depth you discover. :)

----
Some screenies from old vers:

WindexGlow

Reaction score
Info? Pictures? Any reason why we should take the time to play a ripoff of footman wars when we can play footman wars, which by the way is not a ripoff of footman wars?

Cal1991

Reaction score
Info? Pictures? Any reason why we should take the time to play a ripoff of footman wars when we can play footman wars, which by the way is not a ripoff of footman wars?

I can understand wanting to see screenies, although you shouldn't acuse someones map of being a "rip off" until you have played it.

I made it from scratch. And it is no more a rip-off of footies than AotZ or Candy war are a rip-off of dota...

Cal1991

Reaction score
Actually iirc candy war came first, but I could be wrong...

The first version of dota was made in RoC, long, long before candy war.
At any rate, the first map of the genere was AoS (aeon of strife)

Anyway, my point was merely that there can be a map of the same genere without it being a rip-off.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
At the moment i dont have time to play it but i have some ideas...

Electro-Surge:
Description: Fires a powerful EMP blast around the bot, stunning all units in a 15/20/25 yard radius for 3 seconds.
Level 1: 15 yards, 3 seconds.
Level 2: 20 yards, 3 seconds.
Level 3: 25 yards, 3 seconds.

Weapon Overload:
Description: Fires a grenade onto the enemy bot, increasing his attack speed by 200% for 3/2/1 second(s). However, making the attack speed 300% less afterwards for 4 seconds.
Level 1: 3 second overcharge, 4 seconds slow.
Level 2: 2 second overcharge, 4 seconds slow.
Level 3: 1 second overcharge, 4 seconds slow.

Nano-Communication Linkup (Passive):
Description: Links up to any bot in a 30 yard radius, increasing there attack speed and movement speed for 10%/15%/20%. If your bot dies whilst having other bots with Nano-Communcation Linkup, they are damaged for 50 health and slows there attack + movement speed for 10% for 5 seconds.
Level 1: 10% Movement + Attack speed
Level 2: 15% Movement + Attack speed
Level 3: 20% Movement + Attack speed

Self Construct:
Description: Repairs your bot 300/400/500 hp for 5 seconds, however taking all damage by 300%.
Level 1: 300 health repaired.
Level 2: 400 health repaired.
Level 3: 500 health repaired.

Over-Charge:
Description: Causes your bot to go offline for 10 seconds, but increasing the attack speed and movement speed of the targeted friendly bot by 50/75/100%.
Level 1: 50% Movement + Attack speed increase.
Level 2: 75% Movement + Attack speed increase.
Level 3: 100% Movement + Attack speed increase.

Ultimate: Self Destruct:
Description: Teleports to the selected area, giving the bot 5 seconds to detonate. At the time, damage taken by the bot is increased by 200%. When the 5 seconds are up, the amount of health left by the bot is the amount of damage caused in a 35 yard radius.

Hope these are useful.
I can also help code some spells. Not the best in the world but am capable. Know how to get rid of leaks and how to use variables.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Ultimate: Self Destruct:
Description: Teleports to the selected area, giving the bot 5 seconds to detonate. At the time, damage taken by the bot is increased by 200%. When the 5 seconds are up, the amount of health left by the bot is the amount of damage caused in a 35 yard radius.
Self distruct is allready a buyable ability, allthough its not quite like that.

Cal1991

Reaction score
Monsterous, thanks for the interesting ideas. At this point I am mostly looking for people who are willing to help with the things I need help with, and if I find them, I can work with them/give them the info they will need about the heroes to think of applicable ideas.

I can also help code some spells. Not the best in the world but am capable. Know how to get rid of leaks and how to use variables.

There are only 2 skills that I think I am going to need help triggering so far, and if you are not very good with triggering/jass you probably won't be able to manage them any better than me.
However, if you want to, I could give you easier spells to work on.

There are going to be 6 new heroes in the next version. For 3 of them I already have the skills planned, for the other 3 I am still thinking of abilities.
The heroes are as follows:

Battle engineer: (tinker model file){T3 hero}[already have skills planned but will need help with one of the skills]

Omniscient bot: (Eye of sargerus model){T4 hero}[already have skills planned]

Junker Bot: (custom model from thehive, looks like a robot with a gun){T2 hero}[already have skills planned, but I might need help with two of them, not sure yet]

Insane Scientist: (kel'thuzad(ghost) model){T3 hero}[already have skills planned]

*name undecided*: (has a custom tank model from thehive){T4 hero}[dont have any skilled planned, but they should probably be ones fitting for a tank. :p ]

Robo-Dragon: (has a robotic dragon skin from thehive){T5 hero}[I dont have any skills planned for this hero yet, but they should be ones that go well with a huge flying robotic dragon :D ]

I'm not adding any T1 heroes because the T1 hero building is already full.

Anyway, I have to go now; I'll give more info later if you want it. Just ask. :)

Cal1991

Reaction score
Monsterous, gave ya some rep for your ideas. Can you play the map and tell me what you think?

I need more replies!

Cal1991

Reaction score
Is this only an online map? Or can the AI play this :D

It is mostly intended for online play, but there is AI

The AI can beat newbies but it isn't very good compared to a experienced player... and it only uses one strategy(but it does get a random hero)

Also, there are still bugs in the AI I am trying to fix. Soooo..... You can play it with the AI just don't be surprised if it is kind of dumb AI :p

Cal1991

Reaction score
Bump

Bump -

Anyone else want to help? Any more comments?

Did the AI beat you, Monsterous? :p

PiCkstix

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind helping. I hae always found interest in "Robot" Maps.
BTW: Is it like Fotties where you spawn creeps according to your Hall and you kill enemies' Town Halls??
If it is... *sigh*
But I will be glad to help.
:D :D

Cal1991

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind helping. I hae always found interest in "Robot" Maps.
BTW: Is it like Fotties where you spawn creeps according to your Hall and you kill enemies' Town Halls??
If it is... *sigh*
But I will be glad to help.
:D :D

Of course actually PLAYING the map or reading my post about what the map was like is out of the question :rolleyes:

What do you want to help with/what parts of map making are you good at?

R

Reminded

Ah, yes

I'm downloading it just now.. I'll let you know tomorrow if I find anything.. seems pretty interseting though ;)

Cal1991

Reaction score
I'm downloading it just now.. I'll let you know tomorrow if I find anything.. seems pretty interseting though ;)

Cool. If you have any suggestions, give them now, they might be added in next version. :cool:

Also:
The offer for + rep / your name in credits if you help with any of the things listen in original post is still open.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.