Tutorial Rocky Mountainside terraining

Void

Reaction score
Rocky Mountainside Terrain
by Void

Hey guys I'm here to tell you about how to make the damn mountainside without using blizzard cliffs. I hate blizzard cliffs...

What you need:
  • World editor
  • The ability to read

What you don't need:
  • Skill

Let's get started! Open up the world editor (why do I even bother with that? it's damn obvious... or it should be) and make a new map 64x64 or whatever the freaking size trust me I could care less. Lordaeron summer or fall tileset.
Start by making a big bump. No you don't make it with cliffs. Raise tool.
Then take the 'plateau' tool and brush size 2 in circle, and pick some random regions on the bump and use this to make steep cliffs. Then smooth it a little bit (not too much, let the slopes still be kinda steep, use brush size 1)

Now it gets intense, grab a slurpie or can of coke and bring out the terrain palette (unless, of course, you already have it opened?) and the really steep areas go over with rocks. For the rest, use a mixture of grassy dirt, dirt, rough dirt and a bit of grass/dark grass.

Doodad time! Take some trees and dot the area, but not too much. Then use shrubs and stumps and rocks and flowers and all that crap around the area, make a cave or two and maybe a rockslide.

Hope this helps! :)
-Void

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
VERY easy and to the point, but a little short for a tutorial. Overall, good job.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Same thing as Ghan_04 said.
Very clear to the point at which most people would understand despite it being short.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Maybe mention pathing blockers if you only want units to be able to take a certain path up the mountain?

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Very simple and easy to understand, definately usefull. I also think you should mention pathing blockers!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.