Router/Internet trouble

Penguin-

Reaction score
Hey there,

Since a couple of hours ago Ive been having some internet trouble.

Connected to my wireless router I am unable to load many sites, google, facebook, ebay and others wont work. but a few do.

Ive rung my isp several times and they assure me that cos i can access some sites that my service is fine. So i ethernet lined straight into my modem and now everything works.

Does anyone know what I can do about my router not letting me into some sites? I have already restored it to fctory settings.

cheers

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure its your router and not some Parental Control software installed on your computer?

Penguin-

Reaction score
yeah, positive. It is effecting both my laptop and desktop and all other pc's in the house. there has never been any parental control software installed on any one of these computers.

thanks for the reply.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Happen to me too, even my customer care did not know the reason.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Hah, this is strange, it just started happen to me this day too. I also have some major strange problem using ventrilo. If this problem won't fix itself, I go whine on my internet service :p

Rad

Reaction score
What type of router do you have? And what type of options for WAN do you know are set?

Are the sites you cannot access always inaccessible? (Meaning that if you cant connect to google now, you can't tomorrow... that its consistently blocked)

My router has differnet options for the WAN. You can set two passwords, and one password has full access the other is "limited"

When limited is selected:

- You do not have access to the routers settings page (192.168.2.1)
- You can apply site filters to block IP address or DNS hosts (ie, google.com)
- You can restrict port access

My guess would be you're either using the limited password or if you only have one WAN password/network key, its settings are set to limited.

I really don't know of any routers that intentionally block sites like Google though, even with limited accounts. You might also try updating the routers firmware.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Might it be a virus? >_<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.