RPG RPG of Ice (Singleplayer)

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
This is a WIP. Its release date isn't determined yet.

The storyline
This is somewhat a cliche storyline imo. You and a prophet (Who is actually powerful mage. his base is a chicken =) that you can't control are trying to save the land from someone who took control of the entire land and enslaved everyone inside of it.

Gameplay
You start off as a lowly worker trying to get stronger. This worker is well aware that his strength is no match for the person you are trying to defeat, so he goes along trying to get people to join his team to destroy him. The thing about the people you're hiring, is that pretty much every powerful being out there was hired by the person who destroyed the land. Each person you're hiring is grouping up with a whole lot of units to attempt to get strong enough to defeat this person. Nobody in the game is truly evil, except for later on when you're fighting his personal minions which helped him enslave everyone.

Whenever you defeat a boss, they join you. Now the bosses aren't overpowered and you don't get godly stronger after you defeat each one, because each boss has a set of items that makes them stronger that was supposedly rigged to kill the wearer in someway if they lose, so they have the gear and have to get rid of it upon being defeated. Each boss is about the same in power, some have very high damage, others have very high defense.

Coding
This was coding using GUI and a little jass for the unit revive triggers and other things.

Heroes
The heroes are the bosses you defeat. you can switch between each hero that you have, but you can only play one at a time.

The heroes are

Worker: The most basic hero. Overall, he's very weak, but sooner or later you'll have to level him up.

Lord of the Murlocs: Well, the lord of the murlocs is the first boss you face. He deals a good deal of damage and can withstand a lot of damage because of his health, but he has little to no armor. You need to beat him with the worker, but you find a weapon and some armor conviniently lying around which gets destroyed after the battle because of the wear on it.

Archmage: He's a major damage dealer, probably #1 in damage, but last place in hp & armor.

More bosses/heroes to come!

Zones
Well, I really like what I have done with the entire zone thing. I have made it so that it displays recommended item quality and recommended level and displays wether you shouldn't go (Meet no recommendation), you're qualified (meet 1 recommendation), or it's completely suggested (Meet both recommendations)

Area 1
Area 2
Area 3

Items
Well, there's too many items to truly say.
There's item qualities and there's a value to each item.
Very poor: 1-10
Poor: 11-15
Common: 16-20
O.K.: 21-30
Good: 31-40
Very Good: 41-50
Medium: 51-60
Uncommon: 61-70
Very Uncommon: 71-80
Rare: 81-90
Very Rare: 91-100
Epic: 100-200
Legendary: 201-300
Artifact: 301+

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Constructive Criticism?

I need suggestions.
I'm a 1 man team and I like it that way, hehe.
Suggest an area, like a city with bandits and the leader is a paladin disguised as a bandit lord.
Suggest items as well.
Any suggestions. Except ones like "Here's a suggestion, just give it up, it sucks"
It's fun to me so far =)

--Updates--
I posted images of the areas now, so feel free to look.
If you have any recommendations on changes to the scenery of the areas, please feel free to say something. And as for area 3's massive amounts of buildings, that's for blockading reasons.

Everything above is subject to change!

RodyisGod

Reaction score
Overal, i very much like the idea of this map!, as i hate the name tho.
Rpg of ice? meh ^^.

Name Suggestion: Icelands Heroes, atleast its a little better.
Icelands Heroes RPG!

Area Suggestion: A City, but if you come in 200 range of a villager there, it changes in a Angry Villager, or something.
And the boss should be a, Soulstealer. A ghost-like creature.
And his abilities could be:

-Steal Soul
Steals the soul of a creature for 30 Seconds or something.

-Change of Soul
He changes the soul of the guy he wants with, and he gets his hp, and the
Creature gets the Soulstealers hp, MAX HP cant be changed.

-Soul Battle
When targetted on a creature, every damage he does, goes 80 % to himself ^^

more i cant think off.

Items Suggestion:

-Staff or Orb of Souls [Rare or Very Uncommon or something]
Gives the effect of Steal Soul.
-Untold Myth [O.K to Legendary]
A lot of different scrolls, with different powers, and Different Item Qualifcations like Legendary of Epic.

If u read the scroll u get a Spell or Item for a certain time.
And then u need to make like 50 different untold myths
:D

EDIT: Screenshots Please.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Make a zone of werewolves and their honest people in the day, but at night they chase after people. Make it secret so the player doesn't suspect that village.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
All excellent suggestions you guys, but the name is bound to change. I'll post some screenshots in a second.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
im glad that the terrain isnt final

Not being harsh or anything, i only realised this when i went around my friends to play LAN with Warcraft III. If its singleplayer, it wont be played much. No offence, just saying as it is.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
I know it won't be played much, but look, a lot of the really good games out there are singleplayer.

Chrono trigger, final fantasy, spore

Picture it like a single-player game branching off of wc3. (Don't picture it like world of no-warcraft, or the popular sequal world of world of warcraft)

besides, this is more for my and friends entertainment.

This was originally going to be a multiplayer map, but judging with the things that are there, (not to mention the fact this RPG is going to take weeks to complete for both me editing and for them playing), the load code will easily take up 5 codes if not more, even with a s/l system that's suppost to have a short code.

Here's what i would need for the s/l code:
There will have to be about 10 heroes being saved / able to load
custom values
quests
area progression
levels (like 10 different hero levels)
items that all the heroes have
and so much more...

compared to the classic "Save items and levels", this will sadly be much more complicated. A long load code for just 1 hero when I have about 10 and need to record progress on everything since pretty much every area has a quest.

Which is why I just tell people to use the save function built into the game.

The game doesn't really end untill around 10 of your guys are level 200.
Leveling is not an easy task.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.