Sci/Tech Science close to unveiling invisible man

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
INVISIBILITY devices, long the realm of science fiction and fantasy, have moved closer after scientists engineered a material that can bend visible light around objects.

The breakthrough could lead to systems for rendering anything from people to large objects, such as tanks and ships, invisible to the eye – although this is still years off.

Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley, whose work is funded by the American military, have engineered materials that can control light’s direction of travel. The world’s two leading scientific journals, Science and Nature, are expected to report the results this week.

Last edited:

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Pretty cool, but imagine what utter destruction and fear this could bring.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
So if someone were to have light bending around them so the light would not hit them, how are they supposed to be able to see? o_O

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
yes, now i can go to the store and if i dont have my shoes he wont know...hehe no shoes no services...not anymore...Ya you heard me stupid guy a 7-11, who kicked me out.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
yes, now i can go to the store and if i dont have my shoes he wont know...hehe no shoes no services...not anymore...Ya you heard me stupid guy a 7-11, who kicked me out.

forget about no shoes, ill go to the store naked!
WOOT!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
LOL lets drop invisible nukes on a country, then send in invisible tanks and invisible bombers LOL GG NO RE
then we invisi the white house and no1 can bomb the president!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Yay sonars!
They still emit heat too right?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Yay, so it's only invisible to the naked eye =D
Only have to worry of invisible rapists.

Batman

Reaction score
Man if this thing ever gets public in the future, there's going to be absolutely focking CHAOS!

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Man if this thing ever gets public in the future, there's going to be absolutely focking CHAOS!

Slowly the invisible material will make it into the crime scene, and will cause a lot of problems until the police has special equipment to fight it.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
They might invent some new type of Ultraviolet goggles to find it. I'm not too sure.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
This will only spur the endless and fruitless battle between religion and science which will continue to hinder the progress of the human race as both sides won't come to a compromise about the application of the technology of it's benefits it's harmful effects and on it's application in the human race. Which will only continue in a endless loop....AN ENDLESS LOOP I TELL YOU!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.