Sharing Exp

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
How can you make two units have the same exp? Just an example to people who know, Meepo the Geomancer ulti in dota.

Okey two heroes, who are Geomancers stay in exp range of a unit that dies. The unit normally gives 100 exp but since there are 2 Geomancer and they share exp they will get 200 exp. If a geomancer is out of range of exp, a geomancer is in range of exp and one of them get exp, they both will get 100 exp cause only one were in range. I don't know how to do this. (I've tried much, I even looked in a open dota to see and tried to get something out of the JASS code).

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Maybe with this even and this action:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Hero - Set (Picked unit) experience to (Hero experience of (Triggering unit)), Hide level-up graphics

-You will, obviously, need to add more actions. Such as 'Pick every unit in...'
Or change (Picked unit) and (Triggering unit) into Unit Variables.

Draphoelix

Reaction score
Code:
Hero - Set (Picked unit) experience to (Hero experience of (Triggering unit)), Hide level-up graphics

And how do I know who is the one who earns the experience? And if they are 2, they will get double exp.

Exide

Reaction score
Right, didn't think about that.
I guess you'll have to compare who has most exp and then set the other hero's exp to the same as the hero with most exp. :p

I dunno what variables you're using so I'm gonna make up my own..

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hero1Exp[/COLOR] = (Hero experience of [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hero1[/COLOR])
        Set [COLOR="Red"]Hero2Exp[/COLOR] = (Hero experience of [COLOR="Red"]Hero2[/COLOR])
        If ([COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hero1Exp[/COLOR] Greater than or equal to [COLOR="Red"]Hero2Exp[/COLOR]) then do (Hero - Set [COLOR="Red"]Hero2[/COLOR] experience to [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hero1Exp[/COLOR], Show level-up graphics) else do (Hero - Set [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hero1[/COLOR] experience to [COLOR="Red"]Hero2Exp[/COLOR], Show level-up graphics)

Hero1Exp and Hero2Exp are Integer Variables.
Hero1 and Hero2 are Unit Variables.
This trigger is for two heroes.

Draphoelix

Reaction score
But what if they both is in exp range of the dying unit, and they need double exp?

Exide

Reaction score
If they're in range of the same dying unit, they shouldn't get double exp, imo.
If they're on two different spots on the map, next to dying units, they should get exp for both, though. -That's just what I think. :p

I don't think you can check how much exp a hero recieved from a dying unit with triggers, so it'll be difficult to double it..

Draphoelix

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you get double exp, but I can be sure that you get at least 1 full exp. I mean if a unit's death is 100 exp, and there were two heroes, they will share the exp and get less. But I beleive in dota, if there's two geomancer, they will get 100 exp and not 50. They made that the geomancer's exp will still works as 1 heroe's gain.

Exide

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you get double exp, but I can be sure that you get at least 1 full exp. I mean if a unit's death is 100 exp, and there were two heroes, they will share the exp and get less. But I beleive in dota, if there's two geomancer, they will get 100 exp and not 50. They made that the geomancer's exp will still works as 1 heroe's gain.

Maybe if there are more than 1 Geomancer near the dying unit, the other Geomancer(s) get 0% exp from the kill, and then share the exp with the Geomancer that has the most exp?
I don't know how to check this either.. :p

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
Assuming you'll have multiple pairs of Geomancers, something like this should work:
Code:
Geomancer Share Exp
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Dying unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Geomancer)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                -------- Figure out the amount of exp. that was gained. --------
                Set exp_gained = ((Hero experience of (Picked unit)) - geomancer_previous_exp[(Custom value of (Picked unit))])
                -------- Add that amount of exp. to the unit paired with the picked unit. --------
                Hero - Add exp_gained experience to geomancer_paired_unit[(Custom value of (Picked unit))], Show level-up graphics
                -------- Update the previous_exp variable for both units. --------
                Set geomancer_previous_exp[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (Hero experience of (Picked unit))
                Set geomancer_previous_exp[(Custom value of geomancer_paired_unit[(Custom value of (Picked unit))])] = (Hero experience of geomancer_paired_unit[(Custom value of (Picked unit))])
Each Geomancer needs to have a unique integer stored as its custom value. geomancer_paired_unit is a unit array; geomancer_previous_exp is an integer array. For example, if Geomancer 1 was paired with Geomancer 2, then geomancer_paired_unit[1] = Geomancer 2 and geomancer_paired_unit[2] = Geomancer 1. You'll have to set these variables in some sort of initialization trigger.

You also might need to edit the number in the first action to get the correct distance for units gaining experience.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.