Spell Shock Shield

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Shock Shield

-Not MUI

-GUI

-Leakless

Summons 3 orbs of lightning that rotates around the caster. Anyone that goes within 100 range of any of the orbs will chain lightning them, dealing damage and bouncing a few times. Lasts 20 seconds.

Level 1 - 20 damage each, bounces 2 times.
Level 2 - 30 damage each, bounces 3 times.
Level 3 - 40 damage each, bounces 4 times.

Screeny:

screenyqy2.png

Code :
Code:
Shock Shield Cast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Shock Shield 
    Actions
        Set SS_Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Trigger - Turn on Shock Shield Periodic <gen>
        Wait 20.00 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Shock Shield Periodic <gen>
Code:
Shock Shield Periodic
    Events
        Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set SS_CasterLoc = (Position of SS_Caster)
                Set TempPoint = (SS_CasterLoc offset by 200.00 towards ((120.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) + (Real(SS_Count))) degrees)
                Set SS_Count = (SS_Count + 5)
                Set TempGroup = (Units within 100.00 of TempPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of SS_Caster)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of SS_Caster) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
                        Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Add Shock Shield dummy  to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Set level of Shock Shield dummy  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Shock Shield  for SS_Caster)
                        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Picked unit)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\StormBolt\StormBoltMissile.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Orc\LightningBolt\LightningBoltMissile.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_SS_CasterLoc)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (SS_Caster is dead) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                    Else - Actions

Implementation Instructions :
Code:
How to Implement:

-First off, copy the main spell (in this case, Shock Shield) and paste it in your map.

-Secondly, copy the dummy spell (in this case, Shock Shield dummy) and paste it in your map.

-Thirdly, copy the Spell Trigger Category and paste it in your map.

Other Notes about Implementing:

-There are no buffs required to implement

-When you copy the trigger category, you need to have "Automaticly Create Unknown Variables When Pasting Trigger Data"

-"Automaticly Create Unknown Variables When Pasting Trigger Data" can be found in Files > Preferences

-Check your triggers after pasted. Sometimes it'll change the parts where it supposed to say "Shock Shield" and has another ability

-You can modify and use this spell at your will. Just don't act like the author because that would be stealing.

Update History:

v1.1 - Added Implementation Instructions and fixed custom scripts.

v1.1 - Added a New Icon, changed hotkeys, And made the chain lightnings bounce 2/3/4 times and deal 20/30/40 damage, and fixed tooltip

v1.0 - Added Terrain

v1.0 - Released.

Looks a lot better in-game.

Enjoy

Credits to Daelin for the Dynamic Effects Tutorial

Feedback Very Apprieciated

Attachments

• [Spell] Shock Shield v1.1.w3x
    37.2 KB · Views: 700
O

OneEight7eve

even though i havent tested it yet the pics look good

Post your code?

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I started to believe that posting codes have made my spells go forgotten.
Evidence is from my last 3 spells.

Edit: Fine. I'll post my code. But if it doesnt get much attention ill go mad.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
looks pretty sweet man
to lazy to down load though (Atm)

P.s. Srink your image it streaches the page

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
looks cool but the screenshots are a bit ugly looking (looks a bit like Falling Sand flash game for the terrain ^^). did you mean to post the Lightning Shield Periodic trigger 3 times, or does each trigger refer to 1 lightning orb? wait... im a bit confused. is the orb created/removed all the time, or is it 3 consistent orbs travelling around the caster...

might wanna put those screenies into a spoiler tag as well ^^

edit: posting code shouldnt affect how 'forgettable' an ability is, it just makes it much easier for people to point out leaks, and things that can be improved to make the spell easier to modify, import and (for the future) create a whole new spell with the potential improvements you've been advised on ^^

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
looks pretty sweet man
to lazy to down load though (Atm)

P.s. Srink your image it streaches the page

Thanks.

looks cool but the screenshots are a bit ugly looking (looks a bit like Falling Sand flash game for the terrain ^^). did you mean to post the Lightning Shield Periodic trigger 3 times, or does each trigger refer to 1 lightning orb? wait... im a bit confused. is the orb created/removed all the time, or is it 3 consistent orbs travelling around the caster...

might wanna put those screenies into a spoiler tag as well ^^

edit: posting code shouldnt affect how 'forgettable' an ability is, it just makes it much easier for people to point out leaks, and things that can be improved to make the spell easier to modify, import and (for the future) create a whole new spell with the potential improvements you've been advised on ^^

I agree with the screenshots, does png format have anything to do with it? Like I said, looks better in-game
And yes. I accidentally pasted 3 times :p
Sure
But then again, my last three spell were forgotten while my first spell ever submitted was approved.

Wheres Daxtreme? I need his leak check :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I can't see any leaks. Got one question though, why are you nulling SS_Caster? as far as i know, you only need to null local variables and SS_Caster isnt a local variable, and doesnt need to be since you arent trying to make the spell MUI (you arent trying to make it MUI right?)

.png format shouldn't affect screenshots quality, are your graphics settings turned down a bit? I always use png (xfire screenshot capture ftw) since the size is generally smaller (usually around 1mb) and it still looks as it should ingame. its either ur graphics settings or something associated with how you uploaded them (thats just a guess but it could be possible, right?)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your spell needs implementation instructions.

Like Flare said, you don't need to null a global variable.

Otherwise, this spell is neat! Original, well done and leakless.

Just fix those 2 details and it's on its way! :)

Venv

Reaction score
now with this can i sum how put in a aoe dmg system? like so it dmg's teh units around the caster?? anyone plz helpp would that work?

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I cannot comprehend what you are saying. Please Rephrase :p.

EDIT:
See this little piece of code in the Periodic Trigger?

Code:
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of SS_Caster) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
                        Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Add Shock Shield dummy  to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Set level of Shock Shield dummy  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Shock Shield  for SS_Caster)
                        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Picked unit)

Change it to:

Code:
                    Loop - Actions
                       Unit - Cause (SS_Caster) to damage (Picked Unit), dealing (How Much Damage to Deal) XXX damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.