shockwave circle

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
im trying to do a spell, but for some reason its not working as well as i hoped.

firstly im doing it in GUI, cos thats all i know.

the spell is based of channel.

and when its cast, its meant to shoot a shockwave infront of it, then like .2 secs after shoot one at a slight other angle. going around and making a circle

any ideas?

canons200

Reaction score
got trigger? post it please, anyway your trigger is posibble, because from the your post, i seem made similar kind of the spell.

Stringel

Reaction score
freehanding

set tempreal=0
for every interger a from 1 to X do actions:
set tempreal=tempreal+360/x
create dummy etc.
order dummy to cast shockwave on tempreal

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
sorry not at my pc atm but i try remember what it was :?

something like:

actions:
- unit begins channeling

conditions:
- ability is **

actions:
- run for (1 - 12) times is think
~ create dummy unit at position of casting unit
~ add ability **
~ cast ability at point (position of casting unit with offset angle (integer A*15)
~ wait .2 secs

canons200

Reaction score
from the quick draft from above, do the mana cost is 0? i suggest you to check the spell data requirement.

and tell us where it never work? like what got work but what fail to do? we need more information, can't simply say not work, we need to know which part not work, rather than not work itself.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry not at my pc atm but i try remember what it was :?

something like:

actions:
- unit begins channeling

conditions:
- ability is **

actions:
- run for (1 - 12) times is think
~ create dummy unit at position of casting unit
~ add ability **
~ cast ability at point (position of casting unit with offset angle (integer A*15)
~ wait .2 secs

if you want to have this spell MUI you shouldnt use any waits in the iteration.

Never_Quit

Reaction score
if you want to have this spell MUI you shouldnt use any waits in the iteration.

Right. The variable you are manipulating in your for loop is set to 1 (or initial value) every time a unit starts channeling. So player 1 casts and completes half the spell, then player two casts, player 1 will continue a full 150% further than supposed to, and player 2 will finish in 50% of the time.

So with this timer setup both units are added to the "casting unit" variable position of this trigger and take up an action slot, incrementing the loop 1 further each time they complete the actions, finishing twice as fast with two units on most recent cast.

EDIT:

Trigger:
  • on death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer TimePass[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]) from 1 to TimeStepsMax, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Add 1000 to (Owner of (Dying unit)) Current gold
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + has gold : ) + (String(((Owner of (Dying unit)) Current gold))))
          • Wait 1.00 seconds

This setup will work for one unit per player.
Essentially, you just make the for loop rely on an array.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
it doesnt have to be MUI, only one player can use the hero at a time. if that makes it easier.

ok it shoots out one shockwave above the hero, but then it stops. and for some reason the shockwave is also smaller.

canons200

Reaction score
it doesnt have to be MUI, only one player can use the hero at a time. if that makes it easier.

ok it shoots out one shockwave above the hero, but then it stops. and for some reason the shockwave is also smaller.

are you order the dummy as "Last created unit" to use skill? if so i believe there is new "Last created unit" appear on the map so the dummy won't cast spell. Save your dummy as variable and order the variable to cast spell.

the shockwave is smaller because for your unit's scaling value is also small. The solution is higher the scaling value, if you don't want the model to show up, put the word "None.mdl"

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
ok thanx that fixed the size issue. but for some reason looping does not work for this, is adding a short wait of like .2 seconds a good idea or not?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.