Siege units with a cargo hold

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
Hey Guys

In my new map, I have made several siege units. They all have cargo hold, but there are some special reasons for this...

I want to make my siege units unable to attack unless 3 ENGINEERS are in their cargo hold, and make them unable to store any other units.

This needs triggers i know, but I have no idea which, and it needs to be MUI, there will be more than 1 siege unit in the game at any time.
Thank you!!!
Hellblazer-14

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
I don't know if this is actually possible, but you could make regions, which are constantly moved to the positions of the siege units, and when a unit enters this region, you add 1 to a variable, and when they leave, you take 1 away from the variable

Panda

Reaction score
Well I think I've figured out a way to do it...

Events
Unit - A unit Is loaded into a transport
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 20.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Siege Engine
(Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal owner of triggering unit
Then - Actions
Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to ((Custom value of (Picked unit)) + 1)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Siege Engine) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Custom value of (Picked unit)) Equal to 3
Then - Actions
**Do whatever you wanted to do**
Else - Actions

I haven't tried it tho..
I don't know if you need to increase or decrease the range at which the units are picked.

Reaction score
Why don't you make it work the same way burrows work? It'd enable only a specific unit type to enter and gives an attack if some are inside, each one inside also gives increased attack speed.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Play around with the battle stations ability, because that's the only ability that can only load specific units.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Or the goblin zepplin's "Cargo Hold" ability. What you should do is give the tank the "cargo hold" ability. You will need to have FIVE triggers for this.

1) A trigger to prevent tanks from doing anything once they are created.
2) A trigger to distinguish Engineers from other units (I suggest a Unit Group variable.)
3) A trigger to prevent non-Engineer units from activating the tanks.
4) A trigger to activate the tanks once three Engineers are in the cargo hold.
5) A trigger to DEACTIVATE the tanks once there are no longer three engineers in them.

I'm assuming you can figure out the actual triggers by yourself...?

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
thanks guys! That helped a lot. Yes, I hope I can figure them out myself, I'm not all that shabby with triggers :)

Plus rep!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.